S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Happy Cows Come From Cali
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey whats up? i got a 40 series muffler and a 3 inch tip installed on my 4.3 S-10 Xtreme. and i was expecting loud rumblies and it really isn't. . . . . i am wondering what i can do to make it louder? P.S. It is NOT a delta flow 40 series

·
Registered
589 Posts
UMMMMM IF YOU GOT THE DELTA FLOW THEY ARE QUIET

I GOT from e bay a a guy is selling flowmaster mufflers for 45 shipped brand new

get the 42541 part number thats the non delta flow,

make sure there is not a 9 in your muffler part number. and get a 2.5 inch turn down

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
A hi-flow cat will wake that Flow up ! It did on mine when I had a
delta 40 on it. Sounded much better !

N20 NOMA, did you take the Spintech off ?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Give it time to break in. I got new 40 series put o my 98 with a 305 with convertors adn it wasn't loud at all at first, but after liek a month it was and is really loud.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Xtreme916 said:
Hey whats up? i got a 40 series muffler and a 3 inch tip installed on my 4.3 S-10 Xtreme. and i was expecting loud rumblies and it really isn't. . . . . i am wondering what i can do to make it louder? P.S. It is NOT a delta flow 40 series
Its quiet because your running stock pipes, simple as that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would recomend letting it break in first. Every time I have gotten a new flowmaster it took a month or two to get its full sound. I have a 40 series with a turn down with all stock pipes and it is pretty loud.

·
Registered
211 Posts
oh wow guys..the problem is simple......it's a flowmaster. don't expect it to be too loud..they aren't. my dynomax bullet was stunnin right out the muffler shop. you can spend as much time and money trying to make your flowmaster sound better or hell, good, as you want. i almost think some of ya'll are in denial. you feel bad for spending any money on your flowmaster that sounds like -explitive delete- so you tell each other...it will get better, just give it a couple months, etc. get a real muffler and save yourself the drama.
flowmasters can sound awesome on some and many cars and trucks but once again, they sound like -explitive delete- on our 4.3L V6.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
SWTexasBLAZER said:
oh wow guys..the problem is simple......it's a flowmaster. don't expect it to be too loud..they aren't. my dynomax bullet was stunnin right out the muffler shop. you can spend as much time and money trying to make your flowmaster sound better or hell, good, as you want. i almost think some of ya'll are in denial. you feel bad for spending any money on your flowmaster that sounds like -explitive delete- so you tell each other...it will get better, just give it a couple months, etc. get a real muffler and save yourself the drama.
flowmasters can sound awesome on some and many cars and trucks but once again, they sound like -explitive delete- on our 4.3L V6.
Dude you gotta lay off the crack cause let me tell ya I have a flowmaster 40 series and it sounds better than any Dynomax muffler on the market. You can't get much better sound than a flowmaster produces. If they sucked so bad no one would have them and most people run flowmaster cause they are by far the best. My truck is easily heard from 1/2 mile away and sounds insane. If you heard it, it sounds like it has atleast 300hp but we all know it doesn't. Only has about 225hp. But anyway you have to do alot to have a great sounding exhaust like I have. Cost me close to $900 from the headers to the exhaust tips.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
*really, he must have missed the exhaust wars last month*dont post shit like that, its about a flowmaster and why its quiet, not "whats the best muffler"....even tho there IS no best muffler.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts