S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got our Cowl Hood the other day and got it painted but when we put it on, the front of the hood sticks out bout 1/2 inch too far and is higher than the fender, anybody know what will fix this?

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
does the hood sit too far forward in front only, or is there a big gap back at the cowl as well???

if it sits too far forward at the cowl and at the front, the entire hood can be moved backwards...

if it's lined up right at the cowl, and still to far forward up front, there's nothing that can easily be done to fix it, the hood was molded wrong...

as for the height of the hood...if adjusting the front-to-back placement of the hood, doesnt' fix that problem..there are two bump stops at the front of the enigine bay,just screw them down, until the hood sits at the right height...

I hope I was of help...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gap between the fender and the hood is closer on the left hand side. We screwed the bump stops all the way down and even took them out but it is still too high. We lowered the latch and it still is too high. Any other things that may help? How can the hood be moved backwards? Thanks for the help.

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
to move it side to side, or front to back, you'll have to loosen the mounting bolts...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but the screws go into the holes so that it can't be adjusted any. If you put smaller screws in, the hood will just slide just like it is now.

D

·
0 Posts
if i had a twin and we shared a ride.. well i wouldnt have a twin much longer hehe i make him get his own lol

D

·
0 Posts
pics of my x is in the member ride section

topics

night pics
my pos and

roll pan pics

1 - 14 of 14 Posts