S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the head gasket on my 1995 S10 2.2 and thought it might be a good idea to replace the water pump since I have the radiator, head, accesssory bracket, etc all off. I started looking for one and have found a lot of reviews that say after market water pumps are lousy and can fall apart after a few months, so I'm now wondering if I should just leave the original that's already on the truck alone and only replace it if it fails. The truck has 115,000 miles on it - i bought it used but as far as I know it's the original pump. GM online parts store don't show a OEM for the 2.2. Anyone know of a good water pump mfg. for the 2.2 ? I might add I have another vehicle to drive and just use this truck to haul stuff around, so it's not one I want to spend hundreds of dollars on for a water pump. I see a number of pumps priced from $20 - $50, but all seem to be made in China.

·
time to get cereal
3,694 Posts
I've got an AC Delco made in China model, has lasted years without issue.

·
Registered
‘95 LS 2.2L Manual
175 Posts
ACDelco 251-609 is OE GM 12462265.

ACDelco Professional Line is 252-723.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. O'reilly Auto that's 10 blocks from my house has AC Delco for $37, a little less online, but it's nice to have a place nearby to exchange it if there's a problem

·
Registered
‘95 LS 2.2L Manual
175 Posts
Just FYI, ACDelco has several “lines”:

• ACDelco GM Original Equipment (251-609 Water Pump)- these parts are what your GM vehicle was actually built with
  • ACDelco Professional Line (252-723 Water Pump) - This is ACDelco’s “aftermarket” line, cheaper but typically not OE quality
  • ACDelco Advantage Line - This is their cheapo line to stay in the game on cheapo parts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts