S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NOT DONE TO MANY PROBLEMS
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have to replace the speakers in my truck and was wondering what i should do up in the dash with the 4x6. I want something that will hold up good and is not way too expensive. Should i stay with 4x6 or has anyone modded a different speaker in the dash? As for the rear i plan on making a custom sub enclosure that i will put 6x9's mostlikely in too along with a sub. I have a rockford fosgate 900 mono amp and one 8inch sub. I was wondering if i should get a dual voice coil 12 or 10 or two single voice coil 10's. Its a regular cab and want it to hit hard but not go def. thanks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Get some good component speakers for the doors and take the dash speakers out or fade all the sound to the component speakers.

Definitely dont put the 6x9s in the sub box if your going for any SQ.. only do that if your just trying to make a lot of noise.

as for the sub... there are way too many setups that you would be happy with. But a single 10 in a ported box would probably sound nice.

·
NOT DONE TO MANY PROBLEMS
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you elaborate on component speakers? And what is a good brand? its been a while since i have done stereo setups. Also how would i go about making a ported box? I have seen people on here do it but i have no idea how to tune it to a frequency and what frequency to tune it to. thanks

·
Registered
438 Posts
http://sonicelectronix.com/item_7574_Memphis+15-PRCS6.html

Those are the component speakers i have and im very happy with them so far. but im sure for a little bit more money you would get some that sound a lot better.... (im just not sure what brands you should look at... but im sure someone else will recommend some good components).

Making a ported box isnt too hard. you just gotta find out how big the box needs to be. Plug in numbers into a calculator and work with them untill you get some dimensions that will fit in your truck. then you plug in some more numbers into port calculator and it will tell you how big your port needs to be.

Here is a box calculator:
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

and here is a good port size calculator:
http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

·
Cluck, click, boom!
363 Posts
hey 99s10ls are you just running those memphis components then and no dash speakers??
are you running a amp for them or does the hu put out enough to make those two speakers loud enough.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i have dash speakers but i have all the sound faded to the components. when you first get components you will probably think it sounds good with dash speakers... but if you slowly fade it to the rear you wont notice and in a week if you turn the dash speakers back on they just dont sound right. i have them hooked up to a kicker ZX250.2. Its probably best to get an amp if you get component speakers. even if you get a cheap 2 channel amp it will work better than the HU

·
Registered
269 Posts
I cut out the circle and made a ring of 1/2" mdf...

So far it's looking pretty good. Mounted the tweeter about 2" above ring.

I would have pics but I am currently spraying down my door panels with bedliner.

I chose the Rainbow Profi Kick midbass with the Cal27 tweeter. Nothing in the dash. It's a little pricy though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts