S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower my truck and I was wondering if this would be a good setup for me to run.

Any thoughts/suggestions will help.

I was going to go with AIM parts from www.truckin.com

2 Inch coils
2 Inch Spindles
3 Inch Leaf Springs
2 Inch Blocks

Thanks!

--Kevin

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read on here that AIM's suspension parts aren't bad. Why do you say to stay away from them... I'm just trying to learn a few things.

What drop shocks should I get and do I need four or just two... I'd heard of people using just drop shocks in the front.

Anyone else with opinions on AIM and this setup?

--Kevin

·
Registered
610 Posts
yea, belltech is the way to go, you get what you pay for, and if you have a ZQ8 you wont need new shocks, i didnt put new ones on mine and i have a 5/5

·
tight ass S10
399 Posts
go with nitrodrop shocks out of summit they ran me $156.00 free shipping and u can order all the other stuff to and get it in like 2 to 3 days. u well talk to a person they will ask alot of qustines and one of them will be what kind of drop do u have and u will say a 4/5

·
Registered
920 Posts
KDW said:
I've read on here that AIM's suspension parts aren't bad. Why do you say to stay away from them... I'm just trying to learn a few things.

What drop shocks should I get and do I need four or just two... I'd heard of people using just drop shocks in the front.

Anyone else with opinions on AIM and this setup?

--Kevin
AIM blows

you need drop shocks on all 4 corners because you are changing the shock length by 2in up front and 3in out back

people that dont change their shocks are either stupid, arent changing more than 1in, or are using only blocks and spindles

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
The only thing i will not reccommend you buy from AIM is the coils. I bought a set and 2 of my buddies bought a set each and none of them drop the claimed drop. bought 3" coils and it dropped 1" at the most. That's the only problem I've ever had with AIM products. Their leafs blocks and spindles are not bad just don't buy their coils cause they suck. if you're gonna drop it 4/5 i would reccommend you go with belltech shocks. I ran them with my 4/5 drop and the front rode very nice with their 2" coils.

·
Insert catchy saying here
1,311 Posts
<---Spent the extra money for my spindles and blocks at summitracing.com and bought all belltech....very, very pleased!!! It was like 180 shipped and I got them in like 3 days with regular shipping.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I would be fine with the AIM leafs, blocks, and spindles.... and Summitt Racing coils and shocks? I'm just trying to save a few bucks (out of state tuition isn't cheap).

What will the spacers do and where should I get those?

Thanks Everyone! .... Keep the info coming.

--Kevin

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
like everyone else said, go with belltech as much as possible. one nice thing about there shocks, is they have a 5 year warrenty on them. they will replace them for free with in that time period.. you just pay shipping.

ohh ... and ho close to the PA border are you? if you are interested, i have a pair of belltech 2" drop coils im not using any more if you would want them. i dont really want to shipp them.. if you pick them up you can have them for 30 bucks. drop me a pm.

·
Registered
610 Posts
YES, BE SURE TO GET THE SPACER!!!! lol, sorry for the caps, but i just put my coils on and the damn thing sits a solid 3/4 inch lower on the drivers side!!

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,672 Posts
isofilez said:
take 97sdime's advice......visit that website and order belltech parts.

What he said...I stopped in at the AIM warehouse in Mesa AZ and it was a joke. i wanted a set of SS style electric mirrors but they claim there is no demand....
:bs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts