S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· call police
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking into laying my truck out and i would rather go hyrdos then air bags. not concerned with weight and batts and all as the audio in the truck is enough for 500lbs worth of stuff.

wheres a good place to look into hydro parts? my trucks a 91 long bed dime.

· call police
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im very new to hydros. still trying to understand how everything goes together. any pointers? im probably going this route once winter hits and i have time. how many batts will i need? i already have a 200 amp alt on my 12v side. also have a 16v side also.

· Less Is Always More.
90 Posts
need at least 2 batteries per pump, 3 is always safe, always wire your box at 24v, you probably don't want to run the big alt as you'll be charging multiple batts, just charge them from a multicharger or single charge them. don't run solenoids, they have little noid boxes that are the equiv to 3 soles. The more batteries you have the faster the operation works. 10 switches is probably your best route for operation. if your not c-notching your frame go 8" cyls in the front and 10" in the back. keep your houses the same length(ie, 2 pumps[1-front, 1-back] both hoses to the front are the same length, both hoses to the back are the same length), you probably want coilover cyls in the back if you're not c-notching. CCE or BlackMagicHydraulics will take care of all your needs...

· Registered
10 Posts
http://dicesuspensioncomponents.com/

Easy install on these trucks. We run accumulators on pretty much every setup (no hopping). You can attach the cylinder to the lower control arm with a heim or a power ball. Then just open up the upper shock mount and reinforce the hole with one of our 3" doughnuts. No spring needed! Run our threaded cylinders with jam nuts to adjust the lift just like a coilover. In the rear, we offer a cylinder that will work perfectly. Our "snake eyes" cylinder has a 1/2" uniball built in to the top of the cylinder and a heim at the bottom of the cylinder. If you're linking your rear end, you can mount the cylinder to the lower link and it will ride great, again, without coils... just the accumulators.
DO NOT use a 1 pump setup on a truck! There is too much weight difference from front to back and the fluid transfer will be terrible.

DaddyTy gave you some bad info ( I know it was over a year ago)... DO NOT use those solenoid blocks! Accumax solenoids are the best around, that's why we only carry those. You do NOT need at least 2 batteries per pump. You can run 4 pumps on 2 batteries. You do need to run at least 24 volts to your system though. I run 24-36 volt setups to multiple pumps all the time. Nobody runs 10 switches any more. The days of 10 switch, switch boxes are long gone. I run 4-6 switches. FBSS or FBCCCC. The hoses to the front will almost always be the same length, just because of the availability of 15' hoses. However, the rears will most likely not be the same. Most companies supply a 3' and 4' hose. The length of the hose will not effect the performance.

Check out the website or look for Dice Suspension Components on Facebook.

· Registered
585 Posts
@Tre5 Dice seems to be good products haven't heard much that is bad about it yet. You guys seem to be pushing the envelope with little details on your pumps also which i like the little details. I run hoppo's on my dime "the Bomb" aka project Naomi, only reason being that they came with the truck when i received it, the motors were shot but gear packs were perfect so i decided to replace the motors and rock em.

· Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, hydro pumps have been the same for many many years. There are several little changes made to our pumps, externally, that you would never notice if you didn't know what you were looking at... hidden hardware on the tank bolts, recessed nuts on the blocks, recessed bolt heads on the ball bearing motor caps, ect. We are also the only company on the market that uses #6 boss o-ring ports on everything we machine.
If you're associated with Fiction Fabrication, have them get a hold of me next time they want to do a hydro setup and we can work something out. I like the work they do!

· Registered
585 Posts
@tre5 Yeah all the little details, recessed hardware etc is what makes a build really stand out. And yes myself and my friend Ben are Fiction Fabrication. We've only done my dime pictured above with juice, rest of our builds are all air. We were very pleased tho with the way the s10 turned out and used it as a learning experience, the original link setup we designed for this build was built but then put back on the shelf for a later more worthy build. I will definitely keep you guys in mind for our next hydro build. Glad you've noticed our work, and you do some phenomenal work yourself, been following your builds for the past couple years.

· Less Is Always More.
90 Posts
I like how this guy has gotten so much feedback and he hasn't replied at all, and this thread still rolls on...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.