S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
musical engine builder
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was talking to a guy at church and well he said his friend would sell the 86 monte carlo for $600. well i know it was stripped for drag racing so the dash it gone and it has 2 bucket seats and the bench in back not much else. but it has some hopped up V8(i think it's a 350 or a 383) and a performance tranns. well to do my V8 swap in the malibu i need well the V8, and the front springs, motor mounts, i have to look at the tranns,and i think it may have a posi in the back. i also need some interior trim which i think it all that's left in this car. well all i want is parts and the rest would be junked. so would $600 for a parts car with a hopped up V8 and tranns(if it's what he says it is) and lots of swap parts a good idea or bad idea?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
$600 for a 383 would be great, provided its not ragged out from racing it. i'd buy just the engine for $600, the fact that everything else comes with it would be an added bonus. BUT, why would he sell it for so little if it was a well-built racing car? might want to do a very thorough inspection before buying it.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
600 is an excellent price for a nice 350 and a good tranny in good running ordernow if its pretty much a stock 350 and 350 its still a good deal as long as its running excellent

·
musical engine builder
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i'm going back out to see the whole car. i looked at it a while back but i didn't need anything from it at that time. i just want to be sure it's what he says i looked up to see what the car it self it worth. and it lists for about $600 so i guess it's priced right. if i want it i will have to get a car loan to get someother parts and stuff to make the swap and sh!t posible.

·
musical engine builder
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i went and looked at it. it has a 355 race motor vette heads, hooker headers, edelbrock performer RPM intake, crane cam. it has a TH400 with shift kit. the motor is brand new has not been run or even cranked. the tranns has 1800 miles on it. so $600 for the engine and tranns sounds good to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts