S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title says a close friend of mine was found hanging in her garage today by her older sister. I'm at such a loss for words and I can't believe it happened and that I will never be able to see her again. She was a pretty 17 year old girl, drove a brand new 07 mustang convertible, everybody loved the girl, but still something wasn't right. She seemed to have somewhat low self esteem to me but nothing out of the ordinary for a teenage girl. Have any of you ever gone through this type of thing? How'd you deal with it, this is the first time a close friend of mine has passed away and for it to be in such a shocking and tragic way I dont know what to do. Also looking for any songs that are good to listen to, to help cope with the death of a loved one.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
That sucks. You can never really tell what's going on in someone's head.

I've never had a loss like that, but any blues music is really good for washing, well, the blues away.

Let me know if you want some artists / songs.

·
PAGING DR. FAGGOT!
7,371 Posts
That sucks man...sorry to hear that. I've never dealt with anything like that, and hope to never have to also.

·
Not Banned
3,987 Posts
sorry to hear, my stepmom went through that with one of her friends recently, never saw it coming.

imo though suicide is a selfish way to die. especially at such a young age, i dont have the balls to kill myself no way.

·
awd equipped
3,013 Posts
went through the same thing a couple years ago man. one of my friends, he was only 15 at the time hung his self. his mom was the one who walked in and found him. he had a whole life in front of him to experience. we never seen eye to eye on some things, but he was always there to make you laugh and a great friend. when i found out, i didnt believe it at first. then i drove by his home and thats when it hit. the funeral was the worst thing for me. i knew it as the last time id ever get to see him again. rumor has it, it was over his g/f at the time. but well never know what actually led to cause it. to this day its hard not to miss the boy.

·
Trks R 4 Grls!!!
755 Posts
Thats terrible. Im very sorry. Im glad to say i dont know how your feeling right now. Ive never had to deal with someone taking their life. I can say losing someone close is the hardest thing i have ever gone through. A very close friend of the family was killed 2 years ago when his house caught fire. I dont think there will ever be a day where there is nothing reminding me of him. You just have to remember the good times with that person & that everything happens for a reason. It sucks.. but it does get better after time. Just be there for support for her friends and family. theres nothing else you can do.

·
51,327 Posts
sad to hear, my mom got a phonecall yesterday, from the teacher she works with (mom is a teacher's assistant) saying that one of the students that was in their class this past year tried to commit suicide over the weekend, granted this kid was only in the 2ND GRADE! crazy to imagine how things are happening these days...the kid had alot of problems at home though, i think both parents were in jail, lived with his grandparents....scary stuff to think about.

·
It's our year!
15,344 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that man. I usually listen to rock to get my blood flowin again. I've thought about suicide and I pussied out lol. I learned a friend of mine back in kindergarten put a bullet in his head and even that hurt.

·
PAGING DR. FAGGOT!
7,371 Posts
I forgot about my ex girlfriend...the dumb hot redheaded **** that she was, got in a fight with her boyfriend about a year ago. She told him to go kill himself(or so I heard), and he actually did it. He had a good life and he was a cool kid. I went to school with him at vo-tech. Needless to say she felt poopy.

·
PAGING DR. FAGGOT!
7,371 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that man. I usually listen to rock to get my blood flowin again. I've thought about suicide and I pussied out lol.
I bet you everyone has thought about it...I know I have, but as you've stated...I pussied out, and damn glad I did.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
when i was 15 a friend jumped from a 8 story building i think it was...
was NOT fun at all.
everyone believes it wasfrom stress caused at home... except his parents.
blamed his best friends who were there for him all the time.
so bad they were nto allowed at the funeral, and the ones who did make it to the funeral got yelled at to bring 'justice' to those friends that were blamed.
although even if it wasnt problems at home, the friends blamed were doing the most anyone ever could... felt terrible for them
Lots of anger and tears.
was not fun at all.
feel for ya dude.
im sorry.

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,145 Posts
ive thought about it but never anything close to actually doing it.
So sorry to hear about ur loss. When i was a freshman in highschool i had just moved to a new school and had a handful of friends, but my best friend(he was a year older than me) in the world went to the same school and was helping me get adjusted and such, we had been close friends since we were 7 and he was 8. 3 weeks after school started that sunday he went fishing with his dad which was his favorite thing then came home and him and his dad worked on his truck he had just bought, 72 c10 shortbed, and the guy he bought it from had put a LT4 in it, so he did 2 of his favorite things. but anyway, his mom went to wake him up monday morning for school and found he had died sometime in the night. no explanation, no reasons, he had never done drugs, never drank, nothing like that, just quit breathing evidentally. i saw he wasnt at school, didnt think much of it, it was the first cold weekend of the year so figured he got a cold or was playing hooky, no one found out until after we were out of school. my mom picked me up and she was silent and looked disturbed but i didnt ask, so we were pulling into the drive and she tells me, at first it didnt register, i silently got on my bike and rode, somehow or another i ended up by his house, thats when it hit me, his mom was evidentally looking out the window and saw me riding by and she came out and i absolutely lost it, cried like a baby.(im getting misty now lol), but the funeral is where it really hits you man, it is so hard plus i was a pallbearer. There was a thing in the paper a couple of weeks later from his parents thanking everyone and a little poem, and to this day it is still beside my bed in a picture frame. not a day goes by that you wont think about her, anytime you do something that reminds you of her you will remember her, everytime i have a fishing pole in my hand or im working on my truck, or playing basketball i think of him.
i dont know if this helped any but just honor her memory everytime you can, pray for her family, i know my friends parents to this day dont go a day without crying. life is such a precious thing, and to see it lost is so sad, especially with a younger person and to think that she was so upset by something she took it. will make you think next time you go to make fun of the band nerd, or that chubby chick that sits next to you, because ur comment could be the one that sends them over the edge. the harsh sad feeling will go away, but u will still be saddened when she crosses ur mind, but u have to think of the better times.
wow thats a shit ton of rambling, but thats how it works i guess.

·
I'm a huge ass
10,798 Posts
Sorry to hear that, dude. This sounds way werid, but Hero by Funeral for a Friend, is an excellet song. Adam's song by Blink 182, Time of my life Green Day, and I know there are a lot more, but hose were just on my mind. But I've been through the same thing more then once, so I feel your pain. May God be with you and the families that have lost...
I hate to say this, but no sympathy for suicide. :(

1 - 20 of 38 Posts