S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother has a friend thats selling his 96 black s10 blazer, i think its the ls trim, i rode and looked at it up close, looks to be in perfect shape, the kid used to drive it on the highway almost all the time to work, it has almost every option, and a nice set of rims, unsure of what kind, believe there 16's or 17's, and the vortec v6 (not sure if they had 2 kids of 4.3 available for the 96's) he wants 4500 and he will put new tires on it , good deal?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Depends on the mileage. If your talking about that one with 110,000 miles on it thats a lot of mileage. Check kelly blue book for it.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Private party value on Kelly Blue book with a 96 blazer 2 wheel drive, 110,000 in good condition with the LS trim is 2,845. Guess its cause these trucks depreciate rather fast. Excellent condition is 3,255.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya its that one in the for sale forum, i had it checked by my mechanic and he said it is in great shape, should i get it? ive been looking for a newer s10 for the past 2 years, i owed a 85 s10 blazer and loved it but wanted a newer one and finally found a 2 door auto thatts black, exactly what i was looking for,

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Hey if its what your looking for go for it. It's just the mileage is very high. Maybe you can talk him down.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
which # in the vin should i look for to make sure its the h.o. 4.3 ? or did all the blazers get the h.o. one, and are the h.o and vortec the same?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Can't help you there.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
heh well it gives you a good bump. But look over the prices I said for the Kelly Blue Book. Seems like he is asking too much. I would think he could bring up the price if he had more aftermarket stuff on it but it doesn't seem like it has anything special.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Throw out 3,800 to him and tell him the blue book value for excellent condition is 3,200 so your giving him 600 over that. That way you can save almost 1000 bucks and put that towards a 350 =)

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeah all 2nd gen blazers came with the 4.3L V6. it changed a bit after 96 though.

·
Black & Red
188 Posts
Yeahey. The 8th digit in the VIN# is the engine code. There's three different fuel injection systems on these 4.3's. Throttle body (TBI), Central Multiport (CMFI), and Central Sequential (CSEFI). If the 8th digit is a 'Z', it has TBI. If its a 'W' or 'X', its a central set up. And I'm not sure but I believe all central injection systems from '96 and later were CSEFI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts