S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a newer zq8 for a decent price, I found a 98 with 76,000 miles on it for 4,300. It is the single cab 4 banger with the basic package (crank windows, manual locks, and manual transmission) it does have ac though. It also has a flamejob, 2 inch drop, firebird seats, and altezzas. Does this sound like a good deal? It sounds pretty cheap to me, most that I've seen are around 6-7,000 or so. I also found a 98 zq8 ls extended cab with the 6 cylinder in it for 5,400 - how good of a deal is this. This one has 106,000 miles on it. Which one would you take??? Thanks for all of your help, I really don't know all that much about these trucks.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
depends on what you want... mainly a personal preference

4 banger will give really good gas mileage.. but major lack of speed

6 cyl will give a lil less in gas mileage.. but more power

i would personally take the 99, 6 cyl but it does have a lot of miles on it!

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Go with the 6cyl. Itll easily last you over 200k miles if you put some synthetic oil in it. Well depends on how the previous owner took care of it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are these pretty good prices though, or do you think I could do better if I looked around some more?? Thanks for the replies guys. Also, how do you think this truck would do hauling a 350 pound four wheeler in the back, is that too much for it to handle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts