S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Does anyone know of some GOOD/BAD shops in Tampa, FL ??

I just went to a shop blind to get my spindles put on and they wrecked the ball joint casing. I did not notice it at first and it has been about 3 months. I am going back there today to see if they will do the right thing and fix what they did. I know they did it (dont want to go into that now) but ....

Do you all know of any GOOD/BAD shops ? They are related to another shop that does body droping and custom exhaust. I really like the place but will be pissed if they refuse to do the work. I will also post the name of the shop and scare everyone in Tampa from there.

This is a thread that we can post GOOD/BAD shops to go to in the tampa bay area. That way we can learn from others mistakes. !!

post them here !!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
let me go first

DO NOT GO TO "The car shop" on 10313 N. Nebraksa Ave in Tampa, FL.

Went there today and he said that when he used the pickle fork on the spindles it busted the ball joint but since I was like all the other kids out there, he never told me since all i cared about was lowering the truck. He wanted to charge me $340+ to do the work now !!

DO NOT GO TO "The car shop" on 10313 N. Nebraksa Ave in Tampa, FL.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes post some Good/bad shops in the Tampa/ St
Petersburg/Clearwater area.

As i am moving from cold ass wisconsin ( snowed out side today) to Clearwater, Fl to attend the National Aviation academy. I cant F**king wait eventhought i wont be moving untill like september sometime.

I would like to know the good/bad shops so i know where to take my truck to make it badass... hehe

ok ill shut up its your damn thread

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would like to know if anyone out there knows of any good body shops around tampa, st. pete? I just got rearended today (11th accident in 3 years....none my fault) and now I need a good body guy to weld in a roll pan and do some caddy lights for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went to Ronnie Setzer's on Dale Mabry (by audio itch) and he quoted me $3800 just to shave my tailgate, mold in a steel rollpan, and put in cadi lights. This seems extremely high to me. It looks like he does a lot of quality work though. Just way too pricey for me. I'll keep looking for a shop and let ya'll know.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry, I dont know anyone right now. Does anyone else ??

$3800 sounds WAY to high priced if you want my opinion.

I want this thread to contain lists of BAD / GOOD shops here in the Tampa, St Pete, or clearwater area.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah you have to be very careful. These guys are crooks. Lets keep the GOOD/BAD posting open.

I am comming up with some interesting information. I still need 1-2 weeks. Stay tuned !

When you make a post please post the address of the shop along with the shop name. It will help us keep things straight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts