S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good amp for (1) 10" SE series R.E. sub?
What should i look for in a good amp? RMS?
If i plan to add another 10" SE series sub should i get a 2 channel amp? i was thinking of a 2 channel 1200watt amp but i know nothing about amps!

sry for the newb questions!

thanks

·
Ability Plus Member
111 Posts
that thing is like 375 rms... i bought a JL 250/1 and have the same sub, its great.

dont overpower your system too much cause in the small cab of an s10, even extended cab, your component speakers could be inaudible with your sub(s) turned on. this is going to be your daily driver, not some competition so be modest. bigger isnt always better.

watch it if you pump to much energy. make sure you get a reputable company, if some ghetto one says 500 rms, it probably wont hit 250 rms.

-Drew

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK cool.. i guess i was getting the wrong idea at first..

So a 250 watt amp is plenty for a 10" SE series sub? Im wanting to be able to atleast hang w/ one 12" JL W3 Think i could w/ this amp and 10" sub?

thanks again

·
Got V8?
3,263 Posts
makeshift said:
that thing is like 375 rms... i bought a JL 250/1 and have the same sub, its great.

dont overpower your system too much cause in the small cab of an s10, even extended cab, your component speakers could be inaudible with your sub(s) turned on. this is going to be your daily driver, not some competition so be modest. bigger isnt always better.

watch it if you pump to much energy. make sure you get a reputable company, if some ghetto one says 500 rms, it probably wont hit 250 rms.

-Drew
Try 600w RMS, your starving your poor sub of its potential.

Get a big amp and then get mid and highs to match it :D or get a HU that has a sub level volume control like Alpine.

Decide if your going to get another sub and then start looking for an amp. You might look at the JBL 1200.1, its a well made amp with plenty of power.

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill just run one 10" sub for a while until i get rims!

So would the JBL 1200.1 be good for one 10"? or what?

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dual 4 OHM setup!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts