S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
-Keep it Clean-
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get some bulbs that have a bluish tint, so you can tell they arent stock, but i dont want them to be too extreme, also, which ones wont burn out after a week?

what are the good ones?

not sure what im talking about, i think theyre xenon bulbs

thanks for moving it, like im gonna get any ****ing response in the ****ing lighting forum

·
Registered
86 Posts
well i really like my silverstars that i have now ive had them for maybe 6 months are they still work fine and look the same. they arent really a blue but if you want i can email you a few pics i took

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
I had Xenon bulbs, and they are fvcking killer, well until one burned out, now I have chessy APC ones cuz I was tired of having only one headlight.

·
Old School Member
12,166 Posts
i bought a new set a few weeks ago off ebay ... and i really like them for the price... they are the xenon bulbs with a blue tint to them & the guys name is snappie1
go search under his auctions... he did have a shitload of auctions running... he got them to me in about 2 days as well
good luck

·
Registered
315 Posts
PIAA Platinum's. I've been running the same bulbs for 4 years, 2 years in a different car. They have a purple/blue hue and they really light up street signs. When they were new I got high beam flashed a lot. They are more expensive but I think they're worth it.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
I just bought the Sylvania Silverstars and installed them an hour ago. I installed one and compared it to the other side which is a stock bulb. One is yellow, one is white. Pretty big difference, as for the brightness, I havent drove the truck on the street yet with them, but they seem good. Got the pair for $42.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
i use silverstars as well...very white light..downside to most of these bulbs is when the alignment gets whacked (like mine did) it soemtiems doesnt light up as well....

·
Registered
133 Posts
i got a pair of Eurloite bulbs, if you go with them be sure to get as high of wattage as pssible. i went with the 80 watts ones even though i was told they were illegal around here, but wow, theyre brighter then my brights. people flash theyre brights at me constantly. its awesome.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Star said:
i got a pair of Eurloite bulbs, if you go with them be sure to get as high of wattage as pssible. i went with the 80 watts ones even though i was told they were illegal around here, but wow, theyre brighter then my brights. people flash theyre brights at me constantly. its awesome.
Thats not necessarily a good thing. lol ;)

Check your light adjustment, if people are flashing you, u may need to shine them down a little.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
:werd: yeah ive had to fiddle with mine alot but once you get em just right theyll light up the road n distance well without blinding folks bad

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
true HID would be the best actually but then PIAA then Silverstars if you follow your flow chart which i guess ill agree with...i do hear lots of good about PIAA

·
Park Avenue on DUBS
266 Posts
i have been using the PIAA extreme white headlight bulbs for about 2 and a half years and they still are as bright as the day i got them

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I'm looking for a new pair of healights. I just got a set of Nokya Arctic White bulbs and they are too blue. It's hard to see the road because of the color of light they put out. I used to have a set of Hiper Industries Plazma Xenon bulb and the light output was very bright white with just the slightest blue. I really liked how those were.

Now I see how some like the Silverstars, some say they are bright, some say they aren't. I know it's all a matter of opinion, but can someone tell me of a bulb thats similar to the Hipers. I also had a set of APC Super White bulbs and I liked how those looked. I would get another set of the Hipers, but the place I bought them from before stopped carrying them because of quality issues. Maybe I should just go with the APC's. What do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts