S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. In a 95 ext cab S10 4.3L TBI 5 speed...going to a 69 350 with a TH350. Questions im looking to answer are things like
Can I use the AC /Power steering brackets off the 4.3?
Where to get a good drive shaft for the TH350?
What about Speedo/Other instruments? What am I going to loose along with the Computer?

Is it really as easy as dropping it in with new mounts, Fan, headers, driveshaft and be done?? Does the AC need the computer??
Basicly, Im wanting a carb 350 with good ole Accel HEI, but still have my AC and all the comforts.

·
Off Vanning. bbl
2,749 Posts
Brakets from the 4.3 should work as long as you do not have camel back heads. A driveshaft I would get the motor/trans in and then measure what your length is and get the shaft altered to fit your new dimension. Also look at jtr's website they have a speedo converter to go from cable driven to electronic speedo.

Also I don't know about the computer never tried to go carb in a fuel injected vehicle but for everything use the search feature on the site there is alot of info you are looking for and has been answered.

otherwise there is v8s10.org

·
1st Gen Owner Again lol
473 Posts
you might want to invest in the JTR book they have for sale as well, alot of questions can be answered with it, also might check out http://www.v8s10.org
alot of good reading from that site as well.

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts