S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as of right now the only power adder to my truck is an intake and powerdyne S/C. I'm aware of all the bolt on's but i also know you can spend ALOT of money on all the bolt on (not including the s/c) and only see around 25wrhp. So my question is, what are some of the things that can be done internally. Cam, camshafts...stuff like this. I'm not too sure of much when it comes to internals..so be patient :boom:

Thanks,
Rob

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
The camshaft and rockers are a good start if you want to go internal. Have the heads ported and polished, balanced. Maybe have the heads milled to bump up the compression. Thats all without pulling the motor out. That should make you smile for a couple minutes. Then you'll want to go faster.

·
Got Mud???
161 Posts
Might think about an exhaust system. I know it's not internal but if you've got forced air going in, you'll need to get it out.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Moodyracing said:
The camshaft and rockers are a good start if you want to go internal. Have the heads ported and polished, balanced. Maybe have the heads milled to bump up the compression. Thats all without pulling the motor out. That should make you smile for a couple minutes. Then you'll want to go faster.
You dont want to bump the compression up on a forced motor, you could be asking for trouble, you'd be better off trying for a 1-2 lbs of extra boost. Some minor head porting and a cam is the ticket for some gains and the exhaust will enhance it all if it hasnt been done!

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys guys. as soon as the powerdyne is installed, i'll be buying headers and exhaust. The headers and Exhaust should only run around $600, but i know those are the two best mods to follow up forced air induction.

Moody: with the camshaft and rockers you are talking about...who makes good stuff for my 4.3? what price am i looking at. Also what is the deal with installing a bigger cam and how does this increase HP?

thanks again guys for all the replys.

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
If you bump the compression up slightly you will gain about the same if not more hp as you would by turning up the boost. I use to run 9to1 compression in my Honda motors with high boost. Now we are running 10.5 to 1 and turning down the bosst a little and making more usable horsepower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts