2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
truck is a 98 s10
5.5 7 drop
spindles and springs in front
leafs and blocks in back
back has a 2.5 c notch
225 40 18 front and 275 35 18 rear tires

now im looking at a 3 or 4 link set up bolt up application. i think easy street and another manufacture has it. i dont want leafs at all in back, and with the system and compressor and gauges and tank was at about 1800 bucks. is this to much? also air ride has a bolt on 4 link. which is better. also they have a front set up also is this good??

also i want to make sure the c notch works with it. also i would like to put the compressors where the spare tire is at not in the bed. im just gettin some prices together. i dont want to weld anything or cut threw my bed. right now with the c notch and my buddys in the back the frame in back is pretty close to the floor. i just want up and down dont need side to side etc. just the basic set up. i dont want a superfast system just something reasonable. one more thing i do drag this truck on slicks i would like a system that gives also good traction.

all help is appreciated.

my main concern is ride quiality and which system will get me lower. i know in front the fenderwell will be in the way but in the back which system works well with the c notch i already have?
tony

·
formally Lownoma
2,458 Posts
i just ordered my airbag setup today from FBI...everything i wanted for 1550...thats the regular kit ,front and rear brackets, step notch,f-b-s-s,4-link with bolt in centerlink,shock relocators...i dont know if this gives you a idea on if that is too much or what..hope it helps
later
jason

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Tony

E mail me with what you want and I'll send a price back out tonight to you.

I deal air ride and air lift, fbi for that mattar too.

I like the Air Ride Tech front bag kit. Air Lift Bad Boy Compressor Kit and in the rear, if you wanna go bolt on, Air Ride has the bolt on 4 link for less then the Air Lift bolt on 3 link. If you are still drag racing the truck, probably go with the 4 link set up.

Let me know if you want 4 way control or not as well.

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
air ride and air lift 4 links arent good at all!!!!!!!!!!! the sleave bags only hold like 1500-1800 pounds which makes for a crappy ride......i used to have air ride technolodies and then converted over to KP components 6 link canti-lever system which is just about the same price for the Air Ride or Air Lift....i got pics if you want to see....i wouldnt go with air ride

·
Registered
473 Posts
Bags

98SS, let me know what u come up with and how it effects your track times. I dont want to spend all that money and hit the track and be disappointed.

·
Registered
222 Posts
low_huh? said:
air ride and air lift 4 links arent good at all!!!!!!!!!!! the sleave bags only hold like 1500-1800 pounds which makes for a crappy ride......i used to have air ride technolodies and then converted over to KP components 6 link canti-lever system which is just about the same price for the Air Ride or Air Lift....i got pics if you want to see....i wouldnt go with air ride

yeah the 1500-1800 is what the rear of a mini truck weighs in at....duh. air ride is the best, besides that i t has been botheirn me everytime you say you got the kp components 6 link canti-lever setup......first off it is not called a 6 link, second off it isn't a true cantilever setup, peple are calling both 2 links and tri-4links witht he bags mounted on the links a cantilever and they are a true cantilever has the bags mounted horizontally i'll find ya a pic later... ok enough of my ranting.

joshey

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
keep your lame a$$ air ride and dont lay and have a crappy ride........lay out on 20x10s and then come talk to me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
low_huh? said:
keep your lame a$$ air ride and dont lay and have a crappy ride........lay out on 20x10s and then come talk to me.

why do i need to lay out on a 20x10 i don't need that wide of a wheel, i am fine with a 19x8 and yes i will lay out when i get my air ride tech triangualted weld on 4 link and step notch. and with the air ride i do lay the fornt out, and have an aswesome ride..... btw have fun with the 20x8.5 wheel in the front. ohh and yeah you said somehting about 2600 bags in the front are better...get a clue they are not better for an s10 cause it takes less air to ge to ride hieght your spring rate is gonna be soo off.....if you wanna continue the *****ing pm message me instead of focking up tony's thread.

joshey

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
if ur gonna run 20s in front you have to get lower control arms and when you want to drive at ride height you have to run atleast 140 psi which is way too much pressure.....you can run bigger bags and not use lower control arms so you dont have to tun so much pressure....but since you know so much, i guess its all good

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
hipoblaze said:

yeah the 1500-1800 is what the rear of a mini truck weighs in at....duh. air ride is the best, besides that i t has been botheirn me everytime you say you got the kp components 6 link canti-lever setup......first off it is not called a 6 link, second off it isn't a true cantilever setup, peple are calling both 2 links and tri-4links witht he bags mounted on the links a cantilever and they are a true cantilever has the bags mounted horizontally i'll find ya a pic later... ok enough of my ranting.

joshey
so tell me, if the truck weighs 1500-1800 pounds, what is the weight when it hits a bump? or incounters g forces that push it down. the bags need to be chosen according to the type of driving. and what you want to do. like low_huh? said if you want to run 20s you need a big bag to compensate things. and good luck runnin 19s may as well be a 20, your gonna have some probs.

·
Registered
222 Posts
what problmes are you speaking of with 19's ??? everyone who does big does 20's no one does 19's i am going to be different with my truck that is why i will be running 19's. just curious though what problems you are talking about not trying to start a fight or nothin.

joshey

·
2,186 Posts
hipoblaze said:
what problmes are you speaking of with 19's ??? everyone who does big does 20's no one does 19's i am going to be different with my truck that is why i will be running 19's. just curious though what problems you are talking about not trying to start a fight or nothin.

joshey
lol, did you look for tires? i was gonna do 19 inch budniks but the tire issue stopped me dead in my track, so i am doin 18/20s

·
2,186 Posts
not mad or no fights, just throwin my 2 cents in:thumbup:

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
you want to different eh..........i think you couldnt step up with the big boys and run 20s...........just another s10 running teenage rims

·
Registered
222 Posts
MightyMouseJ5 said:
not mad or no fights, just throwin my 2 cents in:thumbup:
ok thanks i appreicate your info, and yeah i looked at tires a while ago but haven't in a couple months really. i'll have to do that

joshey

·
E.M.A. Customs
266 Posts
low_huh? said:
you want to different eh..........i think you couldnt step up with the big boys and run 20s...........just another s10 running teenage rims

so you think you are a big huh?? you want to run with the big boys you can roll on 22's like a true pimp

EMA CUSTOMS FOR LIFE:evilg: :thumbup: :bah:

ooh by the way im 17 and have a fullsize on air that will clown you all day long my friend i did the work myself..... :thumbup:

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
wow you have a fullsize........a lot easier to run 22s........im sure you have a forum for fullsize.....dont try to get all up into min talk

·
2,186 Posts
low_huh? said:
wow you have a fullsize........a lot easier to run 22s........im sure you have a forum for fullsize.....dont try to get all up into mini talk
kinda what i was thinkin

1 - 20 of 50 Posts