S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got my '95 Jimmy dropped 4 inches around, in the front with cut beltech 3 inch drop springs and in the back with 4 inch blocks. I want to go lower, so I was wondering if spindles in the front would be okay and if so how hard are they to install? Does it require taking apart the a-arms? I was also wondering about drop leafs in the back and how much they would cost and how far they would drop it. Any info would be great. Thanks.

·
Self Portrait
1,634 Posts
I just bought some Belltech 3" drop leafs from summit for $76 each. 2" Belltech spindles were $138. To put the Spindles on you have to seperate the existing spindle from the ball joints and the sway bar....not too hard but you have to get a front end alignment after your done!

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
yeah i did the spindles myself in my garage with just the regular 'ol tools.. and i didnt have a clue what i was doing at first, but it ended up being pretty easy
if u end up doing 6 in the back i would def cut off the bumpstop mounts...i have a 6 in the back of my s10 and kept hittin the axle on the damn stop mounts
hope that helps

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Get a ball joint seperator from local auto parts store $10, other than that all you need are basic tools. get it aligned afterward, it will drive much better!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys.. i have another guestion.. when i went to get the truck aligned they said they couldnt bc the ball joints were shot from dropping it 4 inches on springs alone.. is this true? and how hard are they to fix? any info would be great.. thanks

·
Self Portrait
1,634 Posts
Go buy some new ones and do them at the same time you do the spindles. shouldn't set you back more than $50 or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts