S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hello
11,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what happened... I have been working here for 2 months now and s10forum has worked every day since day one. I can access everything online... even NWS websites. We have a firewall, but everyone here uses the internet and nothing is blocked. As of yesterday, I can't access s10forum or gmtruckhq without going through one of those proxy bypass things i found on google. what gives? Was it something that happened at work that they are now blocking me from it, or did something change with the website? Also, does anyone have any suggestions on a good proxy bypass to use that isn't annoying and slow? Thanks in advanced...

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
i think they did some updates here yesterday....something might have changed on this end that your work doesn't like

john or boom can tell you

·
The Original A D M I N
18,797 Posts
Nothing was changed on here. Clearly if your company just changed something like the firewall then clearly it would not have been anything on here. It is not like we would have magically changed the settings on here the very instant your company changed a FW setting or added a new FW.

As far as proxies I do not recommend any of them. I get in trouble when i do such things.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
As usual you are doing too many drugs.
or not enough:haha:

something was going on here for awhile yesterday.....it was doing text instead of icons like the last time you updated.....so i dunno

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
i was getting the text instead of icons too.

mike, maybe they blocked it because you are on it too much?

i know my work blocked pandora on me

·
Can I get a hot tub?
2,676 Posts
my advice just keep changing proxies. we did that in high school cause every week they would see the new one we were using. If your company has any kind of IT department, they probably have every site visited saved and can be reviewed. They could have it setup to be flagged if visited X amount of times. You might have just been getting on the forum too much. It was like that with myspace in high school til they figured it out and blocked it.

·
Hello
11,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm, yeah maybe you are right... when I walk around the office, everyone is on the internet all the time. People even keep it open like it's no big deal... i try to minimize if someone walks by.
but yeah, i have pandora open all the time too.
and we only have 1 guy from IT... he seems pretty cool, so ida know if he would do that. that sucks though...

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
hmm, yeah maybe you are right... when I walk around the office, everyone is on the internet all the time. People even keep it open like it's no big deal... i try to minimize if someone walks by.
but yeah, i have pandora open all the time too.
and we only have 1 guy from IT... he seems pretty cool, so ida know if he would do that. that sucks though...
just go talk to him

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Kovz where do you work at in Pittsburgh. I have an internship at Bombardier in West Mifflin if you know where that is.
cool place :tup:

·
Hello
11,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kovz where do you work at in Pittsburgh. I have an internship at Bombardier in West Mifflin if you know where that is.
SNC-Lavalin America, on the corner of 5th and Penn ave... near East Liberty.

It's formally known as Eichley Engineering. They were bought out by SNC back in 2002.

Im not too sure where West Mifflin is... I just moved to Pittsburgh back in May, lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts