S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lowered my 00 Chevy S-10 originally 2/3 inches I guess about three years ago with products from summitracing.com
The products installed 3 years ago were:
--Belltech 6100 2" blocks (I used the 6200 3" lowering blocks originally but the rear was too low so I got 2" instead of 3" don't know why guess thats the way truck came from factory)
--Belltech 2100 2" spindles
--Belltech 7028 Front Nitro shocks
--Belltech 7503 Rear Nitro shocks
--Belltech 4930 Top coil spring spacer
To go to a 3/4 drop all I need is 1"coil springs and 3" blocks?
Please provide Belltech part numbers if possible and I never did figure out why the 2/3 drop was 2/2
Thanks Mike

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
1 inch drop Coils 6 cyl= BEL-4202
1 inch drop Coils 4 cyl=BEL-4200
3 inch straight blocks=BEL- 6200
3 inch 2 deg angled blocks=BEL- 6202

and yes that is all you will need, the coils and blocks. But I have no idea what you are talking about when you say a 2/3 was really a 2/2 or when you say that 1" coils and 3" blocks will give you a 3/4 :dunno:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok lets see 3 years ago I put belltech 2" drop spindles on and 3" blocks
when done I looked at truck and rear end was lower then front so I changed blocks to 2" and truck was level do not know why that occurred
so now I would like to drop it one inch front and back

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
Ok lets see 3 years ago I put belltech 2" drop spindles on and 3" blocks
when done I looked at truck and rear end was lower then front so I changed blocks to 2" and truck was level do not know why that occurred
so now I would like to drop it one inch front and back

because not all trucks sit an inch higher in the rear, some sit level straight from the factory, some sit 2" higher in the rear. If just varies from truck to truck, which is why everyone should measure all 4 corners of their truck before ordering anything. So now if you want to go an inch lower all around, get the 1" coils and 3" blocks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok then I will need
1 inch drop Coils 4 cyl=BEL-4200 and which one
3 inch straight blocks=BEL- 6200 OR
3 inch 2 deg angled blocks=BEL- 6202
my truck is a 2000 4 cyl reg cab
I gonna take a wild guess and say since its a regular cab BEL-6200 are the blocks I need will not need the angle blocks
Am I correct?
Now while I have your attention after the new install will I need to get front end aligned and will I need to get rid of bump stops on rear

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tim thanks alot
so I 'll get
BEL-4200
BEL- 6200
So can I get springs out the easy way remove shocks and use a spring compressor etc?

·
Rarely goes over 20mph
3,163 Posts
unbolting the rear is the easiest, dont have to mess with the lower ball joints, might as well check your bushings and get new ones if their bad while you have it apart on bottom.

some trucks sit an inch higher, some dont, i dont know what springs i have up front, but my rear with 4" angled blocks sits an inch higher.

mines a regular cab, the angled blocks help level the angle on certain trucks, some sit lower with 4/5 drop kit, some sit higher

·
Drag Truck In Making
352 Posts
Recently installed 2/3 on Xcab 02' sonoma. Sits at 26 5/8'' front and 26 7/8'' in rear. I'd like to go an inch lower front and rear. For rear I have angled 4'' blocks to put in. I'm thinking about just cutting the stock coils. I have a v6. Any opinion on how many to coils to cut to get 1 or 1.5''?

Don't zq8's have 1.5'' lowering coils factory? Maybe i should just buy them from GM, got a hookup there.

EDIT* 225/75/15 at all 4 corners on swirlies.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
Recently installed 2/3 on Xcab 02' sonoma. Sits at 26 5/8'' front and 26 7/8'' in rear. I'd like to go an inch lower front and rear. For rear I have angled 4'' blocks to put in. I'm thinking about just cutting the stock coils. I have a v6. Any opinion on how many to coils to cut to get 1 or 1.5''?

Don't zq8's have 1.5'' lowering coils factory? Maybe i should just buy them from GM, got a hookup there.

EDIT* 225/75/15 at all 4 corners on swirlies.
don't cut coils, yes zq8 coils will drop 1.5", or you could just buy 1" drop coils

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tim
Just a simple question instead of the 1" coil springs BEL-4200 do they make an airbag that will replace the coil spring and shock?
Thanks Mike

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
Tim
Just a simple question instead of the 1" coil springs BEL-4200 do they make an airbag that will replace the coil spring and shock?
Thanks Mike

well essentially any airbag replaces the coil spring and shock, but you might be referring to something like the ART shockwaves. They bolt right into the truck using the stock shock mounting points, they look like this:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I thought I saw them
how much do they cost and will they do the same thing I want
Where can I get them I dont need a compressor set up I can fill with air to the height I want right

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
Yes I thought I saw them
how much do they cost and will they do the same thing I want
Where can I get them I dont need a compressor set up I can fill with air to the height I want right

around $900 I believe, and yes you will need a compressor, tank, etc.... just like any bag setup. You won't be able to set them to, let's say 90psi, and they stay at that pressure forever. In fact it would change daily so you would have to have a way to add/remove air pressure. And to try to figure up a way to do it without an air management system would be dumb after spending close to a grand on the shockwaves.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
the only reason I said it would be dumb is because if you are gonna spend close to a grand on shockwaves then you might as well use them to their absolute full potential, which would be to raise and lower the truck. The only way to get the full potential out of them would be to hook up an air management system to them. It'd be like buying a nitrous kit, mounting the bottle and running the lines but never actually hooking it up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts