S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
doing whatever i wanna do
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a good friend of mine has a GMC Typhoon completley built motor and larger turbo. We take it to the track and ran a 11.9 on street tires pulling a 2sec 0-60. The problem we are having is noone can tune the OBD1 computer because its writen in hieroglyphic's. We know there is plenty of potential to be unlocked with a tune but because of this we cant discover it. Has anyone adapted an OBD2 computer to an obd1 motor??

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Honestly you would probably find more info about that over on syty.net.

I think most swap over to the FAST system.

·
Registered
257 Posts
So a good friend of mine has a GMC Typhoon completley built motor and larger turbo. We take it to the track and ran a 11.9 on street tires pulling a 2sec 0-60. The problem we are having is noone can tune the OBD1 computer because its writen in hieroglyphic's. We know there is plenty of potential to be unlocked with a tune but because of this we cant discover it. Has anyone adapted an OBD2 computer to an obd1 motor??
code59.org I am currently tuning my typhoon. Im learning, but am picking it up. You can do it yourself with a wideband, ostrich emulator, 3bar map, and chip adapter. get everything you need at moates.net

1 - 3 of 3 Posts