S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from the UK.

I currently have a 1989 , 2.8 Gmc S15 and looking to give the old girl a few more horses , so looking to put a V8 in , one has come up on ebay a 350 v8 no other information as yet , being in the UK they don't come up very often . am i looking at the correct engine for a V8 swap .

Any advice would be appreciated .

Many thanks
Adrian

·
Administrator
22,623 Posts
Any SBC or LS engine will fill your needs. I'd suggest getting a couple of pints and read thru the stickies and build threads

·
Been there Done it
7,825 Posts
If it's a Chevrolet 350, you can make it fit. Need a little more info on the engine. There were literally 100's of variants.
On your 89 a TBI 350 would be an easy inexpensive swap and would double the size of the engine. Yet still be quite driveable.
How are you laws regarding safety and emissions on swaps into an 89?

·
Registered
108 Posts
They also have complete swap kits that have ever thing you would need to drop a 350 in a s10.

·
Boozebag
9,142 Posts
Suggestion... Rover 4.0

·
Been there Done it
7,825 Posts
They also have complete swap kits that have ever thing you would need to drop a 350 in a s10.
I've yet to see a "complete" kit that has "everything" you will need. Most are headers, mounts (the easy part) and some include either an oilpan or rad.
Neither of which you need to do a 2wd. They just leave out all the small stuff. Which is what takes most of your time and a lot of your money. Hoses, belts, linkages, wiring, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts