S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i have built a couple boxes and lost some seat space, but now I'm pulling out my 2 10's and putting in a L7 kicker solobaric (not sure if i want a 10'' or 12'') i don't have the subs or an amp to power it yet, but will be getting the subs as soon as my paycheck comes in. anyway to my point. i been fiberglassing for a while now and am pretty comfortable with it. i want to mold a box to the shape of the area behind my seat (reg. cab) in order to fit a very creative box (i have some fancy plans for it. i have some things figured out, yet i am hung up on how to create the mold to the grooves of the rear cab wall and floor. the only idea i came up with its to completely cover it with tape and put a layer of resin the a layer of glass then pull it out once dried and build on that and add the frame and whatnot. any criticism or help is appreciated

·
Registered
99 Posts
Shape

Laydown Aluminum Foil...and spray the aluminum foil with WD-40 Or something so u can pull it off later...use a pizza roller to roll out what u can of the bumps...etc...then resin it ...pull it out and build from that

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhh... i would have never thought of that.. foil eh. i'll try that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts