S-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Finished
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just finished glassing another panel. Just got rid of some things I didn't need. Take a look.

Attachments

·
Banned
9,778 Posts
guess u dont need an e brake since u can just lay the truck out lol

·
Finished
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
greenflameS10 said:
guess u dont need an e brake since u can just lay the truck out lol
You are correct my friend.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
nolan136 said:
Well I just finished glassing another panel. Just got rid of some things I didn't need. Take a look.
Nolan, not bad. Still have some more snading to do to the crease your shaved to smooth the surface out more.

Oh, and you could have done that without fiberglassing it either. In the future, small creases like that can be filled with epoxy and microballoons and then sanded smooth with a very like skimming of bondo over the surface. Just and FYI for ya.

·
Super Moderator
51,327 Posts
looks nice man...i loved your interior, from the meet....makes me miss my glassed mapholders...oh well these door panels will be better this time around...keep it up man

·
Finished
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NickZigaitis said:
Nolan, not bad. Still have some more snading to do to the crease your shaved to smooth the surface out more.

Oh, and you could have done that without fiberglassing it either. In the future, small creases like that can be filled with epoxy and microballoons and then sanded smooth with a very like skimming of bondo over the surface. Just and FYI for ya.
All I did with the crack was use resin. No fiberglass mat on that part but thanks for the info.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
nolan136 said:
All I did with the crack was use resin. No fiberglass mat on that part but thanks for the info.
Resin isn't a filler. It must always be accompanied by a medium such as fiberglass or microballons. Hope it doesn't crack on ya. Other than that, nice work.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
nolan136 said:
Man...that shit is going to crack bro. You have to use some type of material for the resin to allow a strong base man. Ehh...its your panel.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
spatch137 said:
Looks good. I did a similiar thing but I used epoxy and then bondo, I hope it holds up.
Why do you guys hope things hold? Why not do it the right way and use some fiberglass for the job? Nick has a whole 30 page how to on this stuff. Its not really that hard...just takes time and patience with it.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
vio0633 said:
Why do you guys hope things hold? Why not do it the right way and use some fiberglass for the job? Nick has a whole 30 page how to on this stuff. Its not really that hard...just takes time and patience with it.
Thanks man. I try, but some just don't want to take my word for it. Oh well. My sub box, console, dash won't break. I did push-ups on the console, lol.:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts