S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.....

I am suppose to be picking up a small block this weekend, and need to know what to get to finish off the package. I know I need motor mounts and headers. Now first question is what brand is going to work best for a 92 4.3TBI to 87 350TBI. Also I know I need to run the electric fan and will the taurus E fan work for this? What wires will I need to splice to the sensors? I am going to run the 4.3 700R4 that I have with the 4.3 computer. Thanks for any help

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
Uhm, Are you using the Throttle body from the 4.3, or the 87?

·
Registered
750 Posts
i'd put the 350 injectors on the 4.3 throttle body. That way you wont have to cut or splice the throttle position sensor wires.(they changed the plug style in about 89 or 90)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks... now i know when I come across it. Anything else? Headers and mounts? I heard sanderson are good headers and should I use the 2.8 mounts? Who makes good mounts... Advance..Stealth...?

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
Buy the headers with the thickest flanges and use the premium gaskets, helps avoid them blowing out. My shorty hedmanns work fine but they were a pain in the ass as far as blowing gaskets and retourqing bolts. Less probs. with thicker flange. BTW you would get better performance with a carb than a tbi.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so the 3/8 is the thinkest they come right? I want to keep it TBI because of the wiring and I need to pass emissions. How about motor mounts?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have heard people are having trouble with stealth products? Are the Advance Adapters mounts and headers any good? Help I bought the motor and need to order up the mounts and headers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts