S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a Gibson swept side exhaust on my truck (along with the homemade cold air intake w/3"APC filter & Helix power tower).......everything seems to be working just fine........did see a power increase in my "arse dyno"with all the parts.

The only problem I encountered while putting the exhaust on is when unbolting the exhaust pipe from the back of the converter (truck has only 7,000 miles on it) I snapped the 3 bolts/studs:madfinger and tried to drill them/grind them out......friggin things are harden.......ended using the cutting torch on it..........flat ground both sides on the converter flange and the rest of the exhaust just about jumped on the truck:beer: and it was Miller time........truck sounds pretty good.....

Almost time for the H-D ridin time......can't wait........havin fun tryin to get a little arse out that 4 banger in the meantime!!!

Ridin the couch & truck till spring really hits......then the Glide!!!

Cozmo

·
Registered
214 Posts
Let's see some pics! I still haven't seen a pic of the Gibson for a 2.2 actually on a truck.

-Chris

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See if I can get my hands on a digital and I will post pics of the cold air intake, the Helix and the exhaust......about the only thing you see on the exhaust is the tip.....nice polished end.

Cozmo

·
littleX10
70 Posts
cozmo you really put the lowdown on your custom editions. I like hearing your updates and all. But me being in a field of similarity. Just can't fix it if it ain't broke. The last thing I want to do on my weekend is remove my exhaust pipe and muffler with a torch. I do want to enhance my Chevy though just not myself. Oh another question should I buy a 79 HD Sporster with new carb, brakes, nice purple flamed paint. Mucho chrome additions with a monster sounding wee HD engine for $3500. I am not much of a rider but want this thing. Its louder than the heavy ones unless their modified to the yang.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey ReddiChevy.......doing the mods on the truck is no big deal for me......before getting back into bikes I had a 1962 Chevy II Convertible that I had for almost 15 years I did almost everything myself......white lowered....453 hp small block (Dyno'd at Hutter racing here in Chardon....they did the Busch motors for Dale Earnhardt Jr. the year he won the Busch title.......so wrenchin for me is very natural........I use my truck for the H-D business......haulin bikes either in the bed or the trailer.....chasin parts/beer or whatever.

Now to answer your question about the Sporty (hope I don't piss off anyone seein that this is a truck forum and all)........sounds like a decent deal......shoot me an e-mail with a phone # and I can get into specifics with you if you wish......them 1000cc Ironheads do run well but the do need alot of care & feeding!!!.......we have a '83 Ironhead we painted and are doing the motor right now.

If you go into Yahoo look in my profile cozmo319 and go to my pics (open for everyone) and you can see some stuff me and my partner have done along with a few shots of the Chevy II.......my bike in Yahoo is red with what else............FLAMES!!!.....had them on the Chevy II as well......

I did takes some pics of my truck today....we delivered another Sportster to one our customers this moring and I used his digital camera......will post the truck pics with upgrades here as soon as I get them.

Ridin the couch and truck till spring really hits (suppose to get around 8" of the white crap tonight).....really gettin tired of havin to snowblow "spring"........Cozmo

·
littleX10
70 Posts
Well its an 1100 cc but its got a later carb, new clutch, brakes, paint and, chrome. But enough is enough and I'm into Chevy and my S10 mainly. So the Gibsons got to come first and tint and sterio and wheels and tires and shocks and etc. My baby is my S10 always and forever and actually Reddis first the dog. Anyway great to hear from you as always and I will check out your other listing as well. Stay cool cozmo! Rich

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
cozmo319 said:
See if I can get my hands on a digital and I will post pics of the cold air intake, the Helix and the exhaust......about the only thing you see on the exhaust is the tip.....nice polished end.
kinda like this! here's my Gibson... :D

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.