S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
thats not POS, its a quality welder. it doesnt have much power, but its still a quality welder. If you are going to be welding on the frame of your truck then it wont work. for sheet metal it will work great. BTW, its a MIG not an arc (technically a mig welder is a type of arc welder, but when people say arc welder they arent refereing to a MIG). You dont have to have the shielding gas, but I would recommend it. If the welder has all of the parts and works then I say go for it...

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
futuresweets10 said:
If you are going to be welding on the frame of your truck then it wont work. for sheet metal it will work great. BTW, its a MIG not an arc (technically a mig welder is a type of arc welder, but when people say arc welder they arent refereing to a MIG). You dont have to have the shielding gas, but I would recommend it. If the welder has all of the parts and works then I say go for it...
:werd:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yes arc welders are a pain in the butt to use but that aint one. Thats a Mig welder. They are pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually like to use the stick over the mig and for some reason I got skills with what people at my school call "the evil red rod" (6010). But yeah, I know that will not penetrate deep enough for frame welds, as long as its good for sheet metal I will be happy. Thanks futuresweets10

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
i call that a buzz box. if you do get it i reccomend buying extra heads i keep welding too close and fusing the wire into the head haha!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts