S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I had a camera but unfortunately I will have to explain.

I was in Walmart's parking lot just started my truck and noticed a wicked as dropped dually sitting about 3 cars over as I pulled out.

Well as I pulled out and began to drive closer to it I noticed that someone actually just bolted the license plate straight to the tailgate with a plastic license plate holder around it.

it didn't look horrible but why would you drill holes in the tailgate instead of just doing it right?

Granted it probably only took him about 3 minutes to do it but damn!

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
*NCHEVYHEVN3 shakes his head in disappointment

·
MVP
415 Posts
i would do that if there was a big dent or scratch there.........maybe he thought it would be more simple and quicker to bolt the plate over it untill he gets the tailgate repainted/fixed?

just my 2 cents.

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
I'd do it, a few buddies have done it, but that's because our stuff is always getting redone or changed, so there's no harm done ;) But for somebody to do it permanently then that's stupid.

Nate

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Audiodogg said:
I'd do it, a few buddies have done it, but that's because our stuff is always getting redone or changed, so there's no harm done ;) But for somebody to do it permanently then that's stupid.

Nate
Yea I'd be embarresed to even drive around like that. :2far:

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
ive seen it done before, say he just put a smooth rollpan and wants to french it in the gate but dosnt have a box for it yet, so he screws it to the gate, will probably be where he'd french it in anyway.

or he could be ghetto

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
sicnoma said:
ive seen it done before, say he just put a smooth rollpan and wants to french it in the gate but dosnt have a box for it yet, so he screws it to the gate, will probably be where he'd french it in anyway.

or he could be ghetto
That's why u either have your stuff together and follow the plan for the build up or wait.

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
dude your getting annoying... these rides are never done. they are mini trucks. i bet 95% of any mini truck out there is not completed. So if the guy wants to do stuff as he can let him. not everyone can put there vehicle down for a year to complete every little thing to their vehicle

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
96dragginSdime said:
dude your getting annoying... these rides are never done. they are mini trucks. i bet 95% of any mini truck out there is not completed. So if the guy wants to do stuff as he can let him. not everyone can put there vehicle down for a year to complete every little thing to their vehicle
Plan your work, and work your plan. O and if I'm anoying then don't read. Alt+F4 solves all problems. But who knows maybe he was meaning for it to be a permenant mod or maybe he was just waiting till something else came along. I don't know.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
NCHEVYHEVN3 said:
That's why u either have your stuff together and follow the plan for the build up or wait.
Is that why you did a bolt in notch and "ghetto" air shocked the rear of your truck instead of actually doing a real notch and link setup? Yeah that sounds prepared. . . . more like a shortcut just like the majority of us do in some aspects. So don't criticize "ghetto" when you've done it yourself as well.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
anotherblacks10 said:
Is that why you did a bolt in notch and "ghetto" air shocked the rear of your truck instead of actually doing a real notch and link setup? Yeah that sounds prepared. . . . more like a shortcut just like the majority of us do in some aspects. So don't criticize "ghetto" when you've done it yourself as well.
Do a search in my posts cause I think you asked me this before. I'm not hear to start shit. Everything that has been done to my s10 I completly did wrong. If I could do it all over again I would have never done such a crappy setup. It was and still is poop. My truck is ghetto but I will never do something like that again. I was young and dumb and wanted to be low for cheap which was the wrong idea. Most of the time there is no cheap way to do something cause it will just cost you more time or get laughed at. Like screwing your license plate to the tailgate. lol

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
J_SIN said:
im going to mount my plate to the rear window with a nail gun, lexan windows cost too much.
lol :haha: Supa glue that bitch

1 - 20 of 23 Posts