S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup fellow s10 fanads. I just bought a 2002 s10 Xtreme w/ an ext. cab, and I'm wanting to boost up my system from stock. I was talkin to some of my buds [that know a great deal more than I do] and they wandered if the factory stereo would be compatable with an amp and say a pair of 8's that I have. They were concerned because the factory cd player doesn't have the rca hookups and stuff. Would it work with a factory stereo? What would you suggest? I'd like to keep my cd player factory if I can.
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
19,352 Posts
Yeah, all you need is a little doo-hickey that'll hook into the stock wires and give you a set of RCA's to work with, you can pick 'em up at radio shack.

I'd say give it a couple months and you'll be checking out aftermarket decks though. :D
 

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
Joined
·
3,808 Posts
Imperialc00 said:
Yeah, all you need is a little doo-hickey that'll hook into the stock wires and give you a set of RCA's to work with, you can pick 'em up at radio shack. :D
Also known as a line out converter walmart has them for about 20 bux but go to a stero shop and get a good one, that is what I did to my wifes blazer till we got a deck for it
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
19,352 Posts
SMNW2003 said:
Yes they really are that much better than stock. MP3 playback, EQ, crossovers, better signal for amps, better radio tuner....
better wattage, better clarity to speaker, RCA outs that are high pass filter/low pass filter specific, LCD displays, just all around better.

The stock din ain't that bad, but it isn't great by any means compared say to a... Pioneer Premier 940 :thumbup:
 

·
Project: Sabriel
Joined
·
12,507 Posts
haha Pioneer gets owned by Alpine...but really, Alpine and Pioneer decks are the best that most of us can afford (SMNW knows of the EXPENSIVE ones, names i cant even remember).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
Yeah, I've had a couple pioneer's and a sony (bleh) and now I'm goin with an Alpine 9815 (if I can find a good deal). I CAN'T WAIT!!!
 

·
Tech Contributor
Joined
·
21,222 Posts
MuddyS10 said:
haha Pioneer gets owned by Alpine...but really, Alpine and Pioneer decks are the best that most of us can afford (SMNW knows of the EXPENSIVE ones, names i cant even remember).
Eclipse, Denon, Alpine F1, Pioneer P1R and DEX-P9 are the top of the line players.

And actually, if you were to go to an SQ competition, you'd see that some of the top finishers use stock decks. ;)

www.davidnavone.com is a good place for great quality products. Can be a bit on the $ side tho.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What would be a decent one? say between 1-3 hundred? I still gotta make those truck payments ya know :eyes: . Also I'm looking for a good amp. What do y'all recomend? Something b/w 1 and 3 also. And what kind of channel is best? 2? 4? What's the difference exactly? thnx.
 

·
soLoRed
Joined
·
895 Posts
ok u know the wire harness thats in it? well just go to a audio place and ask for the harness with rca out puts on it... my buddy is usin his stock cd player in is 02 silverado runnin 2 hexi xtant subs with a bass cube as well.... and all they did was replace the wire harness cuz there is no rca's and i think his amp was wired up to the harness as well... liek theres a 4 prong plug output in most amps for left and right input but ya... not sure but pretty sure

-db
 

·
Got V8?
Joined
·
3,263 Posts
redX said:
What would be a decent one? say between 1-3 hundred? I still gotta make those truck payments ya know :eyes: . Also I'm looking for a good amp. What do y'all recomend? Something b/w 1 and 3 also. And what kind of channel is best? 2? 4? What's the difference exactly? thnx.
Alpine 9813-->$300
Alpine 9807-->$240

How many speakers do you want to amp?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top