S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some help. i tried searching but i dont know what exactly im looking for. i have 18/235/40, inner fenders still in there. i took the the transmisson crossmember plate off today to put drill the holes out and use some allen socket bolts like dave showed in his how to, well my drill went out on me and i didnt get to finish so i decided to lay it down and see how much closer i was, well here we go.
its a 2.2 98 manual. after all the reading i didnt relize I was going to have any problems besides relocating the fender items, but i think i do
any help or links would be so kind
:(

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
my downpipe is doing the same ...could that be holding you up some?

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i assume this is the crossover pipe? i assume i will have take it to a muffler shop and get them to relocate it.
im not sure how much more i will go down with the fenders in but it is deffenitly layn that pipe flat

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dragginbody said:
the 2.2 still has a crossover pipe in the same location as the y-pipe crossover.

i had to have a shop raise mine 3/4'' on my 94 2.2.

it hangs like 1/2'' lower than the frame.
found this

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also to the left on the passengerside, i belive it is my cat. is also sitting right there also

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
let me ask ...is it just your drivers side holding you up ...or it both driver & pass. side?

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes i have drop spindles, im touching the fenders, i guess i tittled the subject a bit broad. i knwo what i need to relocate still, but i didnt notice this pipe sitting on the ground.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Myst said:
let me ask ...is it just your drivers side holding you up ...or it both driver & pass. side?
??

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Myst said:
the pipe is right in the middle behind the skid plate if you can see it in the first pic, but like i said, on the passenger side i belive it is my cat, not positive is close also if not laying, could not get a good pic

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KCBagged said:
Just dump it quick and let it slam whatever is holding it up
man i live near the ghetto but im not ghetto
and eventhough the south is full of ********, im not one
:D

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
yea but what I meant was ...the pipe does go a bit more towards the drivers side ...I ahve the same problem and my drivers side isnt laying but the pass side is ...I know it could be a few other problems but I was just wondering

·
Slammedcruiser98
1,269 Posts
yeah man exhaust, tie rods hitting frame, tranny x-member (I will be producing replacements this summer), drag it once look for scrapes lol, that exhaust won't last too aweful long if your a dragger just get it replaced at custom exhaust shop 60-150$ usually. I wish I had a pic of mine its about 1/2"thick

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Myst said:
yea but what I meant was ...the pipe does go a bit more towards the drivers side ...I ahve the same problem and my drivers side isnt laying but the pass side is ...I know it could be a few other problems but I was just wondering
no im about even, sitting on the fenders and i think the pipe is laying at the same time

1 - 20 of 22 Posts