S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
PAGING DR. FAGGOT!
7,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to get my front to lay out on 225/50/16's. I dehumped my drivers side arm and put it on the truck and dumped the front out, but it sits pretty much where it was at before(maybe like an 1/8" lower). I haven't done the pass. side yet, maybe this weekend or something. I was looking at it and the only things I can think of that could possibly be holding it up are upper ball joint(which I doubt because it's not at an insane angle) and my bag is compressed all the way.

I guess I'm asking if anyone has has had the same tire size(1010tires.com says it's 24.85" diamater) and had the same problem. I'm assuming I'm going to have to cut one of the cups, but looking for input first.

·
Banned
390 Posts
well if your bag is compressed already that is your problem, you need to trim your bag cup.

·
PAGING DR. FAGGOT!
7,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well if your bag is compressed already that is your problem, you need to trim your bag cup.
Well I'm not sure if it's fully compressed, I'm just assuming so.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
You probably already checked but did you look at your tierod to see if it's hitting yet?

·
awd equipped
3,013 Posts
are you inner fenders still in? if so thats your main problem. when i had my 235/55/16 tires on my truck i was a bit a way from laying out. i then got 215/50/16 which are right at 24.5" and im still laying inners just a tad bit. cups arent cut, arms arent touching nor are my tie rods. inners are you main problem.

·
Registered Abuser
1,415 Posts
i got drop spindles with i think the same size tire and still not laying the front completely i know i hit the inners i can see the marks from blowing a bag acouple weeks ago..but im pretty close

·
Banned
920 Posts
well the tires on my truck are bigger then yours and i layout with stock fenders inner and outer with stock c.a. no mods drop spindles and full cups uncut i guess i got lucky

·
PAGING DR. FAGGOT!
7,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Guys everything is fine except the two things I mentioned. It's not hitting the firewall, no inner fenders, tie rod still has another 1/2", LCA isn't hitting frame, and I have drop spindles...nothing. I don't want to buy new tires, these only have like 3000 miles on them.

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
yea the inners should be the problem...

·
NICE WELDS MAKE ME =)
367 Posts
cut your cups dood! remember 1 inch cut off cups = two inchs of drop = 2 inches of lost rise = happiness im in the same boat let us know!

·
PAGING DR. FAGGOT!
7,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cut your cups dood! remember 1 inch cut off cups = two inchs of drop = 2 inches of lost rise = happiness im in the same boat let us know!
Well damn I only need an inch of drop if that. I was figuring on only cutting of 1/2" anyway.

·
PAGING DR. FAGGOT!
7,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
PAGING DR. FAGGOT!
7,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well the tires on my truck are bigger then yours and i layout with stock fenders inner and outer with stock c.a. no mods drop spindles and full cups uncut i guess i got lucky
That's messed up, what tire size is it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts