S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my best runs today! My first pass was a 15.128 @ 91.78 on a 2.34 60'. And I backed it up on my next pass witha 15.154 @ 91.0 with a 2.232 60'. I had hoped for a 15.0 but didn't quite get it. We finally had some good cool air today. I think it was in the low 50s when I made my first pass.

·
Registered
563 Posts
How is your truck so fast?! Your faster then people with thousands more dollars into there engine. Awesome times!!! I live in gainesville by the way..

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Yeah dude. Your mph is there. Just get the 60' down.

·
Registered
351 Posts
nice mph, i wish i had that kinda top end. my truck launches hard off the start then when it shifts into 3 it seems like it damn near stops. if i had that kinda mph i would probably be near mid 14's. u should borrow some slicks from a someone and try again.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Hell ya, launch as hard as you can on slicks and you got an easy 14. I usually get 2.15ish 60 foots with an Automatic, my last few runs I havent been powerbraking at all, just punching it. Your mph is really high, good work.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments guys. Its really hard for some reason to get my truck out of the hole. If I don't get the revs up high enough, it bogs, and just above that gives me wheel spin, and usually some axle hope. I think I am going to try and fab up some traction bars similar to the caltracs. I helped my buddy install some traction bars on his lightning yesterday, so now I have a bit of an idea as to how to make them work. I think with some traction bars, and some better tires, I will be in the 14s. My nittos are almost bald now, so I am going to have to find some more tires, with some cheap rims for racing.

I even beat a Mercury Marauder on my worst pass.

·
www.myspace.com/MINTSICK
4,532 Posts
Basically your times are 100% lies, 92mph with barely any mods! Not even an intake! Please get serious! I want to see non-photoshopped timeslips and videos of this, what is the altitude there? Must be wacky, i cant beleive you people dont even think about it for second, just go on and believe his mythical times. 156rwhp, 2.34 60'! Your ludacris! i have the same truck with more mods! 3rd to 5th to 3rd, 15.7! wow, maybe get serious and posts some proof! Till then stfu

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Was your dyno run done with the mods you have listed?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
yes the dyno was done with my current mods although, it was much hotter and alot more humidity. The dyno was a mustang dyno which reads lower than a dynojet. I will have some pics a little later today of my timeslips for you haters.
I have to get some batteries for the digital camera. As soon as my buddy sends me the vids we took yesterday I will send it too who ever wants it. It was taken from inside the truck so I don't know if it will show you enough since it won't have the times. I do have to vids of my 15.3 runs a few weeks ago when it was much hotter out.

By the way, I do have a modified airbox. and these runs were made with the headlight out.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Why are they torn in half? Your 1/8 mile speed is unheard of, 73.4mph?!? Are you sure you aren't running like a 30 shot of nitrous or something?!? I did a quick calculation based on your times, at 3200lbs you would need about 182 rwhp to produce a 15.128, and about 195rwhp to produce 91.78mph. 156 is a long ways off.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
the truck weighs 3320 without me in it. And like I said, when I put the truck on the dyno it was much hotter and the humidity was way up. The weather yesterday was in the low 50s with almost no humidity, plus I am near sea level. I am going to put the truck dynoed again with the cold weather to see what it is making now. I will have the video of my run a little later today. My buddies brother filmed it yesterday. I also will have a video from inside the truck. So any of you that want to see it just let me know. I will go ahead and send it to those of you who don't believe.

The slips are torn in half because the track only gives you the times of your run. the other half goes to the person in the other lane.

If you think I am lying about my mods, you can check with 2002 extreme, he was at the track yesterday and saw my truck. I don't have n2o yet.

·
Blue Oval for Life!
7 Posts
Jealousy will get you no where!

jmwxtreme43 said:
Basically your times are 100% lies, 92mph with barely any mods! Not even an intake! Please get serious! I want to see non-photoshopped timeslips and videos of this, what is the altitude there? Must be wacky, i cant beleive you people dont even think about it for second, just go on and believe his mythical times. 156rwhp, 2.34 60'! Your ludacris! i have the same truck with more mods! 3rd to 5th to 3rd, 15.7! wow, maybe get serious and posts some proof! Till then stfu
I was there he did run 15.12 like he said. I have video to prove it. The air temp was around 55f and there was little to no humidity.
You truck is just slower don't be jealous.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts