S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
I AM A LUNATIC!
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spent the day messin around with the ART arms. i must say, save up and buy these arms! just putting them on gives you feeling that is overwhelming. im a hard guy to impress, but i was impressed and super stoked with just the look of these bad boys bolted up to my chassis.

to lay out on 20's we used our normal 2" tall cup. seems to compress all the way very well. with a smaller wheel we will need to make a taller cup most definately.

i love this sh!t!!!

·
I AM A LUNATIC!
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the shock mount had to go. it was either that or notch the frame out, and i didnt want to cut the frame in that location. i'll get creative and figure out some type of a shock mounting device for the arm.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
I would LOVE a set's for both my trucks but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on control arms...

but lets talk price's my friend :D

I also wanna see some lift pics...:D

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Jason,
Thanks for the props man..... that image you have with the shock tab hitting the frame...... Can you send that file to me or I may make a run down this weekend to check it out. I have only come across three frames so far that the current shockmount hits. AVTek had the first and about a week ago I had one other guy out in Cali. Other than that there has been no issue of hitting but I want to take a look at the frame and find for myself where it is making contact so we can possibly make a few changes. I just find it odd that there is another breed of 10 frame and I want to see what all is different about them.

Tony....

·
Registered
613 Posts
so i was right...or at leats partially...thought i just had some freak version of the [email protected] frame!...mine seems to be different on everything, but oh well!...

hey jas...what about the balljoints?...are they maxed or did you have to tweak 'em some?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Tony I had to change the shock mounts on the 02 Xtreme and also on the 02 Blazer, whatever Ive put them on so far the tab hit right away...

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
AVTekk said:
Tony I had to change the shock mounts on the 02 Xtreme and also on the 02 Blazer, whatever Ive put them on so far the tab hit right away...
I've looked at mine, and if I had bigger wheels, they would hit too.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts