S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a new truck soon and was wondering what everybody thinks i should do to it first??? Lower it, S/C it, Exhaust, Exterior Mods, etc. Thanks

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Lower it, it will make it stand out.

·
Wide Stance Ownz Joo
31 Posts
I just put a borla cat back on my 4.3. Im pissed cause i didnt do this a long time ago. Im now planning on doing something from the cat forward. Hell maybe il get rid of the cat, there is some product out there that will eliminate the post cat o2 sensor, thus allowing you to chuck the cat out the window...

You cant go wrong with exhaust, S/C would be cool if you have money and what not. As cool as cosmetic stuff is, i really prefer performance upgrades. Id worry about making the thing look good after i get the motor all squared away.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
True, the exhaust is also a good first mod. a super charger would be too much though.
Lowering is always a good mod because you make the truck less likely to flip, and you will still have a truck to drive. my friend made the mistake of flipping his truck and now he drives a 240SX RICER with a wing! you don't want that.

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
I would do the Intake and Exhuast first.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Know that if you lower it first, it will take alot more bigger mods after that to stand out. The last thing I did to my truck was lower it. Everyone used to wonder, what the hell I was doing with my truck by primering pink it and putting flames, and getting low profile tires. But when I finally slammed the *****,... they gizzed their pants.
Hope this helps:thumbup:

·
My nuts are dirty
94 Posts
Definately the intake and exhaust first !!!

After that a port polish and some new sparkplug wires... (just to make it look nice...)

If you do plan on S/C'ing it down the road, dont invest too much into the Intake... A S/C doesnt need too much air mixed with the fuel... Get something like an Airraid (no T-S) and check the specs when you go to do the S/C.

I guess this all depends on what you preffer.. looks, sound, or performance...

I have a 2002 X 4.3 and don't really care about the looks right now...

I would rather have a truck that looks like a normal stock truck for a year or two, Sup it up... Then when I add on some neck breakers (and catch there attention) I can show off the guts to it and get them to make me gizzzzzzz.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts