S-10 Forum banner

Generals Albino Mighty Mouse

7K views 37 replies 9 participants last post by  Drain Bamaged 
#1 ·
I guess it is time i start a build thread. Been on the site over 2.5 years and the truck has been wrecked, torn down built and repeated (not the wrecked part:eek:). So the First slew of post will be the history of the truck then we will go from there.
It started as a bone stock 2001 GMC Jimmy 4x4 SLE just under 60k the month my son was born 7 years ago i have 160k on her now!

(not my image but she looked the exact same if not better)

See less See more
#3 ·
This is where things started to evolve in a bad way. I hit a 8 point buck at 75 spun the truck 180 degrees and threw me in a ditch. It needed both inner fenders, ds outer, radiator core support, grill was ok as were the lights. The hood was trashed as well. the bumper was gone but i got a plan for that:D. at this point the wife (it was her truck at this point) said "Your wrecked it, it is yours now. DO AS YOU WISH:evilg:" Well stock went out the window!

here you can see what i could keep and also how bad the drivers frame rail was. it was raise over 2".

Well I got the hood and everything was $100 Including a factory hitch from my pull a part.Yes that is the hood and EVERYTHING in a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant V6 Twin Turbo i did not want to leave the hood there since it matched.

The Donor truck Came in with a bad motor

I think we found the cause. truck had 45k on it. I ultimately gave them 400 for the truck, and parted it out for mine and a friends. (Salvage Title)

#6 ·
keep the story going, since in the end you ended up with a similar build to mine. interested how you got there.

#8 ·
Now that we have wrecked it lest rebuild her. We have the technology. But do I have the Wallet?
Look what fell off the back of a truck :D

Well let unwrap my present.

Everything for a 6" SuperLift Rebuild the front plus maintaance for the truck new fluids.

#12 ·

:phil: sorry, my bullsh!t meter just bounced off the damn peg... Thats how I know not to follow the thread..BS is sure to follow
Sorry i was dead on my feet i ment to say Turbo not twin im sorry my bad we all make mistakes it was not ment to be a bs statment.

#14 ·
What the hell is your problem 1fast4by.

Number one: Why does it matter if it is or not?

Number two: A twin turbo Galant actually exists Its called the Galant VR-4, which contains a 2.5 Liter V6 Twin Turbo. They were not sold domestically but its possible he found one in a junkyard....they just look like ricey Galants. No one would think much of it...

I don't mean to disrespect, but come on man.

#16 ·
What brand are those step bars and did they work with the 33s? And lol at the troll. Shit could have 6 turbos im here to see a jimmy build thread not details of some rice.

#20 ·
dont worry about that dude.. he just likes to show up and talk shit. Hasnt positively contributed in...well..... i dont really know.

I like that front bumper as well. Looks really good on there :tup:

#22 ·
Alright lets start the SuperLift 6"
All Torn down

First Xmember to go in

Second Xmember to go in

The Differential Before Mods

First cut

Second Cut

More Massaging still needing more

#23 ·
And now is where things went temporly down hill in a REALLLLLLLY bad way it set the project back nearly 2 months. The guy who WAS a great friend of mine up and decided he no longer wanted to be friends. His wife and mine had a tiff when she tried to short my wife several hundred dollars on a sale between them. So i got a TEXT not even a call he was not even man enough to call. We were doing the lift at his house at his insistence since he had concrete and i had sand for a driveway. He gave he 24 Hours to get the truck off his property or else he would call the sheriff and get me for trespassing i know bs. So here is what happened.
We (me and the wrecker guy) Loaded it on the flat bed using the jack as the front end. The other choice was to get a Wrecker withe a crane and use that to hold the front end. But that was $200 for it to leave the shop then 150 per hour. Hince why we tried this route first. Well it worked. Sorta.

Well you see the point were the jack and the front receiver meet?

4 Shattered bones in my hand. It is still not right my brother in law moved down from Ohio to help me finish the truck.
Here you can see the jack fluid running down the deck of the wrecker. The jack seals failed and allowed the jack to fall. Luckily NO damage to the truck just lost a jack.

Almost there.

She's HOME!!!

Much tire roll?

The wrecker operator was nice enough to get it set up on blocks at no charge. Sorry no pic as i as not thinking right. as soon as it was dropped i was off to the er.

#24 ·
Man, forget the truck, your hand may never work right again. I busted up too many parts and now I'm paying for it in a bad way.
Get it fixed.

Sorry to hear about the string of crap luck. :(

Your former buddy should have a serious ass kicking...

#25 ·
Lol all that female drama. Hate to see a project produce a injury that serous. Hope you didnt lose much time off work.

#26 ·
Im retired from the army due to injuries in Iraq. my hand is better but oi have problems still 2 years later. my grip strength is way down and is permanently lost.

#27 ·
Alright Lets continue with the history.
Removal Of the 2 main Xmembers to send back to Superlift to have the checked to make sure the fall did not damaged them. They performed this at no cost to me.

The rear end done all i have left to do for it is the new rear shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.