S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm working on my first project truck and have a 95 S10 Base 2 wd with a straight 5 in it. Im swapping a 350 Small Block in. Theres a lot on my list of things to do but Im not sure where to start. Ill list what I have so far and if anyone could give me some guidance or assistance that would be great.

I have a Gen 1 Chevy Small Block (2 piece RMS) that I got machined and bored 30 over. I have the lower end built with Eagle Specialty rotating assembly and am waiting to get heads, cam, intake and carb due to the fact I don't know what gear ratio Im going to run and not sure what trans I'm putting in.
I need help with:
What trans (Id like to keep it a manual and was looking at a few T56 but not sure if thats the right way to go)
What gear ratio should I run and with what rear diff?
Will I need to upgrade the drive shaft? and if so to what?

If there is any advice yall could give me in anything relating to any of this or anything else it would be greatly appreciated.

·
time to get cereal
5,098 Posts
Look in the V8 section of the forum, all of your questions have been answered many times. Also, your truck has a 4 cylinder engine, not a 5, lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look in the V8 section of the forum, all of your questions have been answered many times. Also, your truck has a 4 cylinder engine, not a 5, lol.
You're right, I misspoke. The motor in my truck is a v6 with a 5 speed trans. But I'll go scower that section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts