S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Chevy S10 w/ 4.3L V6 w/auto. Right now it's lifted 6.5" with 33" tires. What gear ratio should I go, right now I have 3.42s and I was thinking of going with 4.10 lockers. But in a month or two I'm adding a 2" body and I'm going to fit 35" tires on the truck would 4.10s be a good gear to run?
Thank You
Chad
[email protected]

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
good lord, i though my truck was gutless with a UHO engine, 3.73's and 31's

·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took all of the bags out and my friend with that white s-10 I'm putting it in his truck. He has the back done so I'm putting my front kit in his truck. Body drops, no it was just lowered 6" in the back and bagged in the front. I got tired of it so I raised it back to stock. My plan was to sell my truck and get a full size and lift that truck but I didn't get any offers for my truck. A friend of mine brought up an idea to lift it and I thought it was a good idea so I did. Next Sunday I'm putting a 2" body lift on it so I can do the ultimate lift on the truck. Later I'm planning on putting glass fenders and pulling the bed sides so it will look better and also I'm getting a custom bumper made so I can run 35" tires.

Chad

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Damn that WAS pretty low.. and now its pretty damn HIGH. LOL Looks good either way.. The stock 15" rims look decent on that kind of drop. :)

·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now it's even highier than that, I just put on a 2" body lift on my truck and it's huge for a S-10.
Soon I'll have pictures

·
Registered
133 Posts
very nice, i'm not too much for lowered trucks... unless they fly like a bat outta hell. defintly do like the jakked up look. clean lookin truck.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
4.56 gears will be fine.

with 33 inch tall tires with 342 gears lets say you are at 2200 rpms at 40 mph

with 410s gears and the 33s it would be at 2700 rpms at 40 mph
with 4.56 at 40 mph rpms would be at 3000 rpms.

now you go wtih 35 inch tall tires
with 35 inch tall tires at 342 gears at 40 mph lets say you are at 2100 rpms

with 35 at lets say 40 mph you would be at 2500 rpms with 410s

with 35s at 40 mph and 4.56 gears you would be at 2800 rpms.

these are all examples but all right.

go 65 on freeway now with your stock gears. if you go with 35s and 410s add 300-400 rpms with 4.56 gears add 600-700 more rpms. just to help you out. if you want to see what it is go overdrive at 65 then drop it to 3rd that should jump up about 700 that should be what you rpms would be with 35s and 4.56 gears at that speed about

hope i helped

tony

·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Tony, that help me out a lot. I'm thinking of going 4.10 limited slip, instead of lockers. My truck is going to be more on the road than offroad. I just found out, with a 2wd I cannot go lift my truck any higher than it is right now, unless I put in straight axle. Which I don't have the money for. I wish I can lift the front end higher so I can get rid of the stink bug look. I know I can switch the lift in the rear but I want the ultimate lift for my truck.
Any ideas anyone?

Chad

·
Smartass
98 Posts
Ok I know this is a REALLLY old topic, but I couldn't help myself.

Does anyone know where I can get whatever part LOWRD replaced his front bumper with? I like that clean look. I just got my 2WD lifted a little.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Thats just a stock 98-up front bumper without the airdam.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts