S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new here and have a question... i have an '02 s-10 xtreme ext cab 4.3 auto and i want to put in 373's when i do the ATI s/c kit but is there a way to get 373's with rear disc brakes??????????? oh yeah and with posi as well?????????

·
zippy
733 Posts
not available as a direct bolt in. disc brakes are only going to be found on 4x4 pick-up rear ends and utilities. the best you can do is a 3.42 gear for a 2wd with locking differential and disc brakes (2wd utility is what you want). if you want more than that, you're going to have to change the gear. (btw, bravada rear is going to be wider than what a stock extreme came with).

·
Registered
263 Posts
what about a zr2 rear, but i think its a lil bigger

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was told that it is wider but only by like a 1/4 in on each side???????????????? total of like 1/2 in ????????? would it really be that big of a deal?????????????

·
Registered
272 Posts
I am not trrying to by a dick about what I am about to say, but ity seems like the 2wd-4wd-ZR2 axle swap is a common question on the forums. As far as I know (please correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure I am right), the 2WD is the shortest, followed by the 4wd at about +2 in. and the longest of the bunch is the one found in the ZR2 equiped models at about +4in. over the 2WD and +2in. longer then the standard 4WD. that means that you can't swap from anything except what you have (2WD-4WD-ZR2) regardless of truck or sport ute. hopefully this helps someone.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
and ive never seen a S-10 with stock disc brakes in the rear...i know most ZR2's dont come with them.

·
zippy
733 Posts
that sounds about right, the zr2 is +4 over a 2wd, and the standard 4x4 is +2. i can check on this at work, but never have before. you could switch to the standard 4x4 rear and use nicer wheels like z06 style wheels or zr1's, but you'd have to run a spacer up front.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts