What should i change my gears to?

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i am gonna get my GM one-legger swaped out for a posi sometime soon and want to change gears too. i have a 4.3 auto with 3.42s. i am considering either 3.73s or 4.10s. i do mainly city driving and some freeway driving too. opinions from anyone would be helpful. thanks!:thumbup:

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I think that 3.73 is as high as I would want to go on something that gets drove everyday...that will get you lots of low end power and good mid range power.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
if you decide to go 3.73, ive got a complete rearend with l/s ill sell ya, make offer!

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
not that i'm gonna have the money anytime soon to get neew gears....but where can i get the 3.73's....is there a site that is has a better price than others.........any brand that out performs others....thanx

·
538 Posts
umm when u do lemme know, im goin from 3.73's to 4.56's so i have 2 sets.

jegs or summit usually have pretty good prices areound 180 or so

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
hey ONEBDGMC, how much? How many miles? How old? Been beaten on? I've got a 1 legger 3.42 on my 99 now. btw I'm in SC too. :)

·
538 Posts
the set that available is out of an 84 with over 100k, as far as i know they are in good shape, if you are really interested, ill drop the cover and check em out. the set on my truck, is out of an 88, with 106,xxx well taken care of, lemme know as for prices, make an offer

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Gears

Theres not much diff going to a 3.73 waste of money. did it once
on my 96-SS. Went to 4.10 on my 2000 X. I drive 100 mi a day
gas mi is about 19 per gal. Makes a big diff in performance.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Gears

Wicked X said:
Theres not much diff going to a 3.73 waste of money. did it once
on my 96-SS. Went to 4.10 on my 2000 X. I drive 100 mi a day
gas mi is about 19 per gal. Makes a big diff in performance.
thats what i was planning on, but wanted some opinions first! cool, thanks for the help guys!:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts