S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.. not sure where to put this thread but here goes.

I have a 91' and the gear indicator is off a little bit.. the orange indicator is off almost a whole notch.. when i put it in reverse i have to push up on the gear selector to make my reverse lights come on... is there anything i can fix or is this just common w/ older s-trucks? I also cant get into gear 1. i pull the lever all the way down .. but it only goes so far and it goes into gear 2. If that makes any sense.

thanks guys!:jester:

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool... is there an adjuster nut on it or do you need special tools or is it something you could maybe do w/ simple hand tools?

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
I am not for sure how it is on the newer trucks, but my ole dodge it had a nut you had to loosen, adjust whichever way you needed to go, and then tighten the nut back down. BTW my truck was a '79 so the new trucks might be different. I've got a Haynes repair manual laying around somewhere, if I find it I'll look it up in there and see what it says.

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya.. thanks i did it today.. its was like you said .. it had a little slack in it so i pulled the slack out and tightend it up!

thanks man!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts