S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Look When Backing Up
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at these valves and i was wondering if they are any good or not, i was looking at the 1/2 with 3/4 orifice...do yall think these are any good? and would i only need 2 of them to just go up and down?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I'm not sure on the GC valve specs, since I have yet to get me a specs sheet, however, I've read good things about GC valves, and I think you would like them, however getting a 3/4" orifice is pretty pointless unless you plan on running 1" - 1 1/4" line.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
W0W.... heres the scoop on valves, as I have explained many many times..... none of the Cv ratings on any of those valves exceed 5.5, AND THEY HAVE 3/4" ORIFICES!!!! An SMC 1/2" valve, cost less than half as much, and if you put both of these valves, side by side, and set them up at the same pressure, 200 PSI for example, they would both perform the same, s0... IMO... if you want that large of valves, get some SMC 3/4" valves that have a flow factor of 9.5, and at 200 PSI, will still kick the shit outta that GC valve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
too bad that smc and GC test the valves differently to get the cv rating. I ran the 3/4 smc's for a while. Then stepped it up to the GC's. With the smc's i was hitting about 14 inches at 300. Now with the GC's i hit over 16 inches. GC's flow alot more air than smc's just look inside the valve, the air doesnt need to travel as much in there as the smc does. Rememebr GC's are made specifically for air suspension when smc's are not nor are parkers.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
GOT HOP said:
Rememebr GC's are made specifically for air suspension when smc's are not nor are parkers.
I think someone's blowin' smoke up your butt...
www.gcvalves.com Looks like just another industrial valve manufacture to me...

And Cv is the flow of water at 60 oF in US gallon/minute at a pressure drop of 1 lb/in2 across the valve. Cv is an industry standard. The numbers shouldn't lie unless someone is cheating.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
GOT HOP said:
Rememebr GC's are made specifically for air suspension when smc's are not nor are parkers.
Try again... just as IRSd_mini said, they are just another industrial type valve, JUST LIKE smc and parker.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
GOT HOP said:
GC's flow alot more air than smc's just look inside the valve, the air doesnt need to travel as much in there as the smc does. Rememebr GC's are made specifically for air suspension when smc's are not nor are parkers.

Is that true?

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
No that is not true, GC valves are industrial type valves, just like any other.

Here is the writeup on the GC website----------------------------------

GC Valves - in partnership with Components For Automation -- designs and manufactures world class solenoid valves to meet the rigors of today’s most demanding applications.

Whether building ITT General Controls designs or adapting the designs of Europe’s leading solenoid valve manufacturer, we have the solenoid valve that meets all your application needs.

Variations are available to handle virtually any liquid or gas from vacuum to high flow / pressure; cryogenics to steam; natural gas to fuel oil; air and water to reagents and enzymes; ultra-pure to corrosive.

Pipe sizes from 10-32 to 2 inch in single valve, manifold, explosion proof and intrinsically safe designs. Latching and low power designs, too. All at competitive prices.

To learn more, you can browse lists of typical air, water, steam, and combustion valves. Industrial solenoid valve manifolds -- for air and gases, as well as water, light oil and other liquids -- are also listed. You can submit your application to our engineers for solenoid valve recommendations. You may also browse to discover if our standard High Performance solenoid valves fit your needs or contact us and we'll design a variation that will. You can easily locate your nearest master distributor and we've also included our east coast and west coast customer service contact information too.

At GC Valves we are "Your Single Source For Solenoid Valves."

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Here is the closest thing I could find..Ive never used these valves..I have heard they are pretty good, but never actually seen them perform against an smc, or parker!

Comparison

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
sorry about that matt, i thought it woulud post all 6 valves, but i guess it was just one..and that was the SMC valve i think..Just go to that link and see the full page..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts