S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever broken off that stupid little nipple connected to the radiator that the overflow hose slides onto? its the gayest design ever! its molded to the radiator all on peice. how have you fixed this little problem? im really getting frustrated with this and its just a small little nipple.. GRRRR!!!!!

Rocky

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Being the rad is pretty thick you could tap it and add your own nipple. If you broke it off decently you could JB weld it back on.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i used jb weld two times and it lasted about 2 months each time and i used quicksteel and it it lasted the same and i just put the quickstell on again. its hard to do anything with it cause its so compact right there where the cap is.

Rocky

·
2nd place is the1st loser
238 Posts
I try not to be homophobic.I just hope like hell my radiator isnt gay!!:boom:LOL

·
Registered
619 Posts
the previous owner to my rad, engine, trannie ect. broke the nipple off as well. I just shaved/ground... the support rip that strengthened the nipple so i could get the hose back over it enough to clamp it

·
Registered
89 Posts
i tried jb weld and other opoxys but nothing seem to last so unless u have enough sticking off that u could clamp the hose to ur probably going to have to do wat i did and buy another one or try a radiator repair shop the might be able to do something with it

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
964pt3 said:
Being the rad is pretty thick you could tap it and add your own nipple. If you broke it off decently you could JB weld it back on.
:stupid: ---people used to do both of those when I worked at advance, otherwise you'll need to get a new radiator (or steal a cheap one from a junkyard)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont really have a problem getting the hose on the nipple thats ok. its getting the nipple to stay onto the radiator itself. it didnt even break in the middle like that i broke flush right off the radiator.

Rocky

·
Registered
14 Posts
MotorMite/Help! makes a repair part for a broken overflow nossle, I think it is part # 10691 Bill

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
i usually never have any problems with nipples :), and would someone tell me how to get the animated "doodads" in a reply PM me and let me know if you dont mind. sorry i couldnt help s10racing but i have no idea

1 - 13 of 13 Posts