S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know where i can find some indiglo gauges for my 94 auto/no tach?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hey man... you're with me! It blows, but I'm thinking about doing some custom stuff. I really like the looks of the reverse indiglo, but that might be a pain to rig up, so what I was thinking was maybe making a film to go over the guages that had a blue tint over the stuff I need to shine through, and white where I don't want stuff to shine through. Some of my friends have white guages, but I don't really like them because light shines through the entire background, instead of just where the numbers are. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to getting another guage cluster and pulling it out and scanning it in on the computer, then designing it there, print it out, then using an exacto knife, cut the letters/numbers out, then attach the blue transparency to the back of the sheet. I would also like some LED's behind the guages.

The other thing I was thinking about was making a guage cluster that went up to like 130mph. I doubt that I would ever get that fast, but it would at least be better than 85. I assume that you can make it do that by telling the computer that you have smaller wheels than you actually do, then for when it says you are going 30, you would actually be going 45, so just make a guage face that was proportional to the change. I only have one problem with doing that, which is it will throw off the milage, because the computer thinks it is telling you that it is going 30 when you are actually going 45, so the actual milage would be more than what it says. If anyone knows more about this, I would love to know if it is possible.

DogP

G

·
Ya my 96 doesnt have a tach pisses me off
I was wondering does mine have a hook up for one on the gauge so I could put a gauge with a tach?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.