S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had trouble with their Temp or gas gauge acting up? My temp gauge goes nuts and i can't trust my Gas gauge half the time. I have an idea that maybe it's a side effect of my speed govenor removal but i can't be sure. I would take it right on up to the dealer but they're so **** slow! Any ideas?

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
I will tell u if you tell me how you removed he limiter.

I think I know how you did it.

If you want I will PM you and tell you what I think:) :bash:

·
Registered
114 Posts
You probably have the same problem with the gauges I just had. I had all my idiot lights staying on and my fuel gauge would not function. Dealer told me gauge cluster had a bad circuit board and they had to replace it with a new one. Its a simple thing to do, just pull dash apart and pull out cluster, then plug new one in. Your dealer will probably have to order new cluster because the set you mileage some how on it. You are right about them being slow, I had my dash just switched out on friday. They did it once before and it took them and hour, this time took them 5 hours. I was not happy:mad:

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
BLACKLOCK said:
You probably have the same problem with the gauges I just had. I had all my idiot lights staying on and my fuel gauge would not function. Dealer told me gauge cluster had a bad circuit board and they had to replace it with a new one. Its a simple thing to do, just pull dash apart and pull out cluster, then plug new one in. Your dealer will probably have to order new cluster because the set you mileage some how on it. You are right about them being slow, I had my dash just switched out on friday. They did it once before and it took them and hour, this time took them 5 hours. I was not happy:mad:
This would also be a good time to get a tach if don't already have one! I got mine from a local junkyard for $72.50 I had it switched out in about 10 minutes in the parking lot. just take apart the dash pull out the old cluster, plug inthe new one and re-assemble! NO prob (I even lost about 60k miles with the switch)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts