S-10 Forum banner

Gauge Magazine's 5 inch block?

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  slamd98s 
#1 ·
Gauge has a 5 inch drop block for $39... Safe enough to run for a daily driver? Give me your opinions

#2 ·
wow thats huge! i guess it would be ok to run, but you would have to worry about the leaves hanging so low that they could get drag and get caught on things. I personaly would not want that big of a block on my truck, you would be better off going with a 3" 0r 4" block and pulling a leaf.

#5 ·
i just dont like any block bigger than 3in, and 3in is pushing it for me

#9 ·
you can run a 4" angled block without any problems as long as you tighten up those U bolts. I Don't know about you guys (and girl) complaining about your 3" blocks cause when i switched from 4 to a 3 there wasn't all that much difference anyway. you want a cheap 5" drop just use the 4" block and remove a leaf. I did and it works safely.

#10 ·
anotherblacks10 said:
you can run a 4" angled block without any problems as long as you tighten up those U bolts. I Don't know about you guys (and girl) complaining about your 3" blocks cause when i switched from 4 to a 3 there wasn't all that much difference anyway. you want a cheap 5" drop just use the 4" block and remove a leaf. I did and it works safely.
just dont trust them, just never seemed like an incredibly safe thing to do, its like making a lever. My mind just sees a giant block of steel between the axel and its mounting point as a bad idea

sure it might never break or have problems but my mind just doesnt like it

#13 ·
yeah I have a homeboy with a dually that has 7" blocks and is down to two leaves... I will never ride in that ISH. I have three's on mine and beleive that im pushing it on that... im just waiting for the U-bolts to snap on his dually and watch the 500lb rear-end flow all about the road...;)

#17 ·
yeah man... this guy had them made for his f-450 and guess what the axle came out from under neath of it so he gave them to my friend free of charge... I helped him install them and let me tell you they were a B!tch to put in, that rear end is so heavy and we had to have two jacks to lift it up to get the blocks up in there... definately not safe at all...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.