S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am running 4gauge from my batt to a dist. block but i am only running 1 amp off my block and the other port is open. i am running 8 gauge from my dist to the amp. whenever i raise the volume the fuse will hold on as long as it can then pop. i have gone through 4 fuses, there are no hangups along the power wire. my ground is good. might be the amp (hoping its not) ...... what i am wondering is it b/c im running 1 amp with only an 8 guage? would switching the 8 gauge to a 4 gauge solve the problem??? i know im probably going to get a post saying "why do you have a dist block if you are only running 1 amp" well im waiting for my next check to buy the second amp.....

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
what size fuse is in you dist block...and what size is in your amp...if it works fine under normal loads...then pops when ya crank it...you may have a lower amp fuse then you need...i go 10 amp higher then the amp will draw...if the wire was the problem...it would melt or get nice and hot...what kind of amp is it...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the amp has a 60 maxi fuse and i had an 80 in batt fuse and 60 in the dist, ...... and thew amp is a koiiler

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a german brand
.... my friend told me i should trythem out so i bought the best amp they had 1200w about 600~rms ...... its aiight nothing special rather save moneyfor something else

1 - 6 of 6 Posts