S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got some easy street gauges, they have what appears to be a 1/8" barb like fitting on the back of them. Do i just slide some line over it or no? seems like it owuld leak like that...

·
NOT AN ADMIN!!
2,230 Posts
the ones u have are for 1/4 line i took those ends off the guages and put 1/8 inch PTC's on them work great and i love it

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never used PTC's...they look like they would leak or just look cheap to me but anyway...

How are the fittings that the gauges come with suppose to be used?

·
NOT AN ADMIN!!
2,230 Posts
i hear that, those are the only ptc's on my truck and its only 1/8 line so its not that bad, i wouldent use them on anything else though.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Ya, you just slide the 1/4 inch line over the top of those barb fittings.....once they're on there, they aren't going anywhere.

·
NOT AN ADMIN!!
2,230 Posts
oh sorry i read it wrong, i thought he wanted to run 1/8 line

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
yeah i have some dual needle easy street guages both of them allready had the barbed fittings for 1/4 line....im gonna take them off and use 1/8" so the wires wont be too messy since space will be an issue in the pillar pods...y2k xtreme is sending me the PTC fittings for the 1/8 line for the guages and also the PTCs for the 1/8" line where it comes off the T in between my valves.....anybody had any leakage with 1/8 gauge line and PTC's?????

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
No, those barbed fittings are not made to slide the 1/4" line right over them. If you buy the guages from matt @ gauge, he will supply you with gray adaptors where the 1/4" line end is a PTC and the other end is the correct size for the barb, and you push that on there and it locks it in tight.

I have never used them, I have a big pile of em tho, for 2 reasons. 1) I like to mount the guages in a pillar pod or other tight area, and theres no way/reason to run 4 pieces of 1/4" line up there. 2) With the adaptor on it the assembly becomes very long and cannot fit in many areas.

I always pull the barbs right off and slap 1/8" PTCs onto the ends. Lemme tell you that I have had like 98% success rate with these 1/8" PTCs I get from Larry. I got some 1/8" compression fittingsfrom my local hose shop and most of them failed within a week.

If they look cheap to you then dont use them, but I use PTCs on almost every setup I do without many problems at all. late..

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Home depot carries 1/8" Compression Fittings :p

I wouldn't even bother with using compressions on that small of a line. I use my PTC's and don't have a problem with 'em.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
Barbed fittings shouldn't leak, put a hose clamp over the end of them and you will be just fine. Before I upgraded to electric valves on my truck I used to run barbed fittings and it was alright.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
the HD's in florida dont carry them ive looked and many....ill have to check Fastenol see what they got for fittings.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
AVTekk said:
If you buy the guages from matt @ gauge, he will supply you with gray adaptors where the 1/4" line end is a PTC and the other end is the correct size for the barb, and you push that on there and it locks it in tight.

I have gotten all my gauges from matt, and never recieved any of those..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts