S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Chevy S10 LS 4.3
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find a diagram for the 98 wiring harness. Anyone know what the 2 orange black stripe wires are for trying to hook a 94 harness to a 98 harness
Brown Wood Flooring Floor Natural material

·
Been there Done it
12,455 Posts
Can you give us a little more detail or clarification as to what you are trying to do and which connectors you're working with? For the most part 94 and 98 tucks are wired completely differently.

·
Registered
1994 Chevy S10 LS 4.3
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you give us a little more detail or clarification as to what you are trying to do and which connectors you're working with? For the most part 94 and 98 tucks are wired completely differently.
yeah they're definitely wired different The whole where the sending unit goes into the gas tanks bigger on the 98 and up also didn't expect any of that just thought it was the same. But what I'm trying to do is leave the original harness for the 98 tank and use my harness off of my sending unit and my truck because all it does is power the pump and feed back to the fuel gauge The 98 it has a more features like miles per gallon range with the gas in tank.

·
Been there Done it
12,455 Posts
Problem is that the 94 uses an analog signal (12V thru a resistor) to the gauge. The 98 up use Class 2 serial data (5V computer communications) from the PCM to the gauge. It does send an analog signal to the PCM, tho.
Are you trying to put a newer tank in a 94 truck or just trying to avoid buying a new fuel pump. By using an old sender you have around.

Reactions: Griffen30

·
Registered
1994 Chevy S10 LS 4.3
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah my gauge was pegged out so I put both orange black striped wires together and it made the gauge read a little over a half tank. Do you think I could hook up something up for that? Or modified the opening for a 94 sending unit? I might have to get another tank with my year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts