S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. Really think its cool..Wondering how much of advantage it would be to weld a cage behind the rear-end for the gas tank...Wondering how this might affect the suspension. Any suggestions for upgrades if needed. . Running a 1988 S-15, thought maybe this would help in running true duals. Putting in a 305 for the time...Working on a 400... :idea:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Not usually done. Duals are usually run side by side down passenger side with mufflers turned vertical and the pipes are routed over the axle and then to each side along spare tire. Getting the gas neck accessible might be tricky too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about running the exhaust down the same side. Trying to be different with the project. I also thought about using a fuel cell mounted as stated but mounted close enought to the bed of the truck so a flip door could be used.
Thought about using stock height of truck, notching frame and running exhaust between frame and leaf springs. I was wondering how all this may effect the suspension and what upgrades are perferred. Thanks !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts