S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 1994 Sonoma, My gas tank has two tiny pinholes in the bottom... I need something to seal it up fast and what would it take to drain the gas out or can I apply anything with the fuel coming out?

Thanks

·
always something new
54,543 Posts
you got to get all the fuel out first...or at least enough so it stop's leaking...mabe jack the truck on an angle so fuel is away from hole's...then there are repair kit's that work... good luck...

·
Registered
31 Posts
you got to get all the fuel out first...or at least enough so it stop's leaking...mabe jack the truck on an angle so fuel is away from hole's...then there are repair kit's that work... good luck...
Actually, I watched my father do this years ago with the fuel still dripping out of the holes. There is a gas tank patching epoxy putty that you mix two sticks of clay-like stuff together then mash into the holes. It's supposed to work even with the tank full and the holes leaking. I don't know if it's JB Weld, but it was similar. That farm truck ran for several years after that with no more leaking.

I'd look at the auto stores for it, probably near the JB weld (or maybe it WAS JB Weld, not sure).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts