S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question:

how many gallons of gas will the factory gas tank hold on a '97 S-10 2.2L 2wd standard cab?

thanks.

·
355 member
13,485 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought mine was 15-gallons as well, however this morning the pump said it dumped 15.878 gallons in the tank. i'm trying to figure out if the gas station is screwing me over or if the tank is larger then i originally thought.

any links to sources would help.

thanks again for the help.

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
I always fill up from E with around 15.5 gallons.

·
Fear My Stupidity
1,293 Posts
mine has also always taken about 12 gallons, recently it got up to 17 gallons and I stopped it myself fearing it would overflow, what's up?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I am waiting for some kid to come in here and say that "I always try to keep my truck around 1/4 of a tank, because it makes my truck so much faster because of less weight and my friends always ask why my truck is so fast." :p

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
Well I have put 18 gal in my truck before so unless I have a super long filler tube I must have the 19 gal version. Nice because I don't have to fill up as much but when I do it hurts the ol pocketbook.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
superunknownmoto said:
This topic has been beat to death in this forum. There are two different tanks available for the truck. One is slightly over 16 gallons. The other is 19 gallons. Both measurements do not include the fuel filler neck.
i did a search under several tank related keywords and didn't come up with anything specific. do you happen to have a link to a site that explains which trucks came with which tank?

·
Big Engine, Little Truck
639 Posts
I don't think we were ever able to determine a rhyme or reason to it. Some trucks got the little one, some got the big one. Guys with the same engines, same trannys, same years, same cab configuration reported different sized tanks. I'm pretty sure we did determine that all Blazers had the 19 gallon tank, though.

·
Registered
533 Posts
i only put so much in it to keep the MPG good and my fastnest high and I got stickers the say VP inside

·
MVP
415 Posts
Zq-8_dawg said:
I am waiting for some kid to come in here and say that "I always try to keep my truck around 1/4 of a tank, because it makes my truck so much faster because of less weight and my friends always ask why my truck is so fast." :p
I always keep my tank full for the weight, it makes the truck sit lower. I also only date fat chicks for the same reason.

·
I'm white.
1,539 Posts
i gota 99 single cab, standard 2.2

its the 19 gallon im sure, cuz i put in 17.3 gallons in it the other day and it was runnin on fumes

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts
Hmm, I have the orig window sticker and it says optional 20gal take under the options. and ive put all of 20.xx in befor lol (yes I ran out of gass). Truck was $10,400 brand new in 95 lol.

·
LOL NEON
1,456 Posts
I always keep my truck around 1/8 of a tank. Its so much faster.

im just kiddin around. when it is lower on gas its alot more fun on gravel roads though.... haha

·
Slow Sonoma
503 Posts
My '96 Ext. Cab 2.2L 5-spd is a 16 gallon I believe. Strangely enough I believe in my owners manual it claims it's only a 13 gallon tank...I thought that was odd when I put almost 15 gallons in one day. $26 to fill it up half way tonight at $2.86 a gallon...*sigh*...glad I get 24 mpg driving like an idiot.

·
DRAG IT BITCHES!
108 Posts
Toadz said:
My '96 Ext. Cab 2.2L 5-spd is a 16 gallon I believe. Strangely enough I believe in my owners manual it claims it's only a 13 gallon tank...I thought that was odd when I put almost 15 gallons in one day. $26 to fill it up half way tonight at $2.86 a gallon...*sigh*...glad I get 24 mpg driving like an idiot.
ha i wish i got half that when i drove like that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts